Homemade Turkey Chili Without Beans Recipe
Most chili aficionados have their own views on what is the prefect chili and swear by hell or high water to it; whether it's recipes or ingredients, and I have no interest in getting into the area of debate. However; I prefer my chili with no beans in it. My understanding is that original chili con carne was simply “meat with chilies” and people have added they’re own ingredients over the years (centuries). So here is a recipe for chili without beans in it. Now I’m sure if you do like your chili with beans you can substitute the beans for the vegetables.
1 pound ground turkey
1 pound spicy bulk sausage
2 tablespoons garlic, minced
1 large onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
2 tablespoon chili powder
1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes w/ jalapeños
1 cup beef, chicken or vegetable stock (or water)
1 teaspoon tabasco sauce
1. Brown turkey and sausage in a large pot or Dutch Oven.
2. Add garlic, onions, and peppers.
3. Add spices (cumin, oregano, and chili powder).
4. Mix all ingredients and cook for 1 minute
5. Add diced tomatoes, stock, and tabasco sauce.
6. Bring to a boil and then lower heat to a simmer.
7. Cook, uncovered, for 1 hour (or longer) until thickened.
8. Stir occasionally, until most of the liquid is reduced.
9. Serve on top of cooked rice with green onions and sour cream if desired. (Recommended).
More Recipe By Edgar Arkham
- How to Make Homemade Goulash With Pasta
This is a recipe that my mother used to make. It's a meat and pasta
- Homemade Cabbage Rolls
Here is an easy recipe for cabbage rolls stuffed with lamb and turkey. Enjoy!
- How You Can Use Both Lamb and Sausage In Shepherd's ...
I decided to share a favorite recipe of mine for Shepherd's Pie. Hope you like it as much as I do.
- Chicken Tamale Pie
This is my version of one of my father's mexican food recipes. I changed some ingredients to make it less heavy and fatty. Enjoy.