I love the extra veggies I get from a serving of V8 juice, but that stuff is crazy unhealthy. Yes it has vegetables, but it also has a days supply of sodium. So I came up with my own, but honestly I think I would rather just eat some vegetables. But if you are a fan of V8 this is pretty much the raw, organic version.
- 4 Cups Tomatoes, Blanched and peeled
- 1 Cup Celery
- 1 Cup Lettuce
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice, Fresh Squeezed
- Make a cross in the bottom of the tomatoes ( this will make them easier to peel once cooled)
- Boil the tomatoes for about 10 minutes in a pot of boiling unsalted water.
- Once cool, simply peel the skin off the tomatoes. Add into a food processor or blender and puree with celery and lettuce until blended.
- Finish with a squeeze of lemon.
This is honestly not the best tasting thing to me. But I would much rather drink a cup of this then eat 3 salads a day.