Restaurant Style Gravy Veg Manchurian Recipe Without Capsicum.
Gravy Veg Manchurian without capsicum
Manchurian are small balls of fish/mutton/chicken/vegetables. Manchurian is served with fried rice or haka noodles. Today, I will share the recipe of vegetable Manchurian without capsicum but will taste like the restaurant's Veg Manchurian.
When it comes to Chinese cuisine, capsicum and bell peppers are a very common ingredient. For those who don't like capsicum or is allergic to it always face a problem. In this recipe, I tried to keep the flavors the same without capsicums.
For the filling:
- 2 onions, shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 ginger, shredded
- 5 beans, shredded
- 8 cloves garlic, finely chopped
For the schezwan sauce:
- 9 cloves garlic, finely chpped
- 3 tomato, cut into 2 halves
- 4 dried chilies
- 1/2 cup of soya sauce
- 1/2 cup of vinegar
- 1 big cup of cornflour
- 5 spoons of flour
- 1 cup of refined oil
- chaat masala
- black pepper powder
- garam masala
For the gravy:
- 2 onions, diced
- 1/2 cabbage, finely chopped
- 5 beans, chopped
- 3 green chilies, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
Tips while making the dough:
1. Add a little amount of salt to the dough else you have to add a large amount of cornflour and flour as well.
2. If your dough becomes extra sticky, keep it under the fan for 2 minutes.
For the dough:
- Take the shredded cabbage, onions, carrot, beans, ginger, and garlic in a bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of salt, 1 tablespoon of black pepper powder and 1 tablespoon of garam masala.
- Add 4 spoons of cornflour and 5 spoons of flour or maida to it.
- Knead the mixture for 5 minutes.
- The dough will be sticky and not a proper chappati kind of dough.
- The sticky the dough, the crunchier our Manchurian balls will be.
Frying The manchurian balls
- Heat a pan properly and add 2 cups of refined oil to it.
- In a high flame, take a small amount of dough and slide it to the hot oil.
- Repeat the above step to fry the balls.
- Fry only 3 manchurian balls at a time.
- Fry till the veg manchurian becomes golden brown in color.
Schezwan Sauce Recipe
- Take half a bowl of water and add the sliced tomatoes and dried chilies in it.
- Boil it for 2 minutes.
- With the help of a fork, transfer all the tomato pieces into cold chilled water.
- Remove the outer skin of all the sliced tomatoes and put them back to the boiled water.
- Grind the hot water along with tomatoes and dried chilies and make a thin paste out of it.
- Take a pan and put 1 tablespoon of oil in it.
- In low flame, add 5 chopped garlic pieces to the oil and fry for 30 seconds. Add the tomato paste to the pan.
- Add a pinch of sugar, 1/2 tablespoon salt, and give it a mix.
- Add 2 tablespoons of vinegar to it.
- In high flame, keep mixing the sauce until it becomes a bit thick.
- Add 1 tablespoon chaat masala for that extra punch to it.
- Your schezwan sauce is ready.
For the Gravy:
- In a pan, take 3 tablespoons of refined oil and add diced onions and chopped garlic to it.
- Saute it for 30 seconds in low flame and then add chopped cabbage, beans, and chilies.
- Add a pinch of salt to it and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the schezwan sauce to the mixture and mix it properly.
- Then add 2 tablespoons of vinegar and 4 tablespoons of soya sauce to it.
- Add salt according to your taste and keep mixing the mixture continuously.
- When the mixture becomes thick and creamy, add 1 cup of water to it.
- In high flame, let the gravy boil for 1 minute.
- Take one tablespoon of cornflour in a bowl and mix it with 3 tablespoons of water.
- Pour the cornflour water mix to the gravy and give it a mix.
- Add all the fried veg Manchurian balls to the gravy and mix it well.
- Let it boil for 1 minute and then switch the gas off.
- Your gravy veg Manchurian is ready.
Tips for the Manchurian balls
1. Make the Manchurian balls small because after mixing it with the gravy, it soaks in water and enlarges in size.
2. You are free to use readymade schezwan sauce.
3. If your gravy becomes too spicy, add 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce to neutralize the spice content.
4. Mix the fried balls with the gravy only if you are serving it immediately else it will soak all the gravy.
- Serve the hot gravy manchurian with haka noodles or fried rice.
If you want to store the Manchurian overnight and is worried that your gravy will be soaked by the Manchurian, then here is the solution:-
Add water accordingly and 1 tablespoon of salt to it. Boil it for 2 minutes and your gravy veg Manchurian is ready.
|Serving size: 3 balls|
|Calories from Fat||90|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 10 g||15%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Unsaturated fat 7 g|
|Carbohydrates 17 g||6%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 2 mg||1%|
|Sodium 387 mg||16%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2020 Shilpi Ghosal