- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Homestyle Maple and Carrot Soup Recipe
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
Ready in: 40 min
Yields: 2 Liters
- 900 ml Chicken Broth
- 2 Pounds Baby Carrots
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Cup Sour Cream, Light
- 2 Teaspoons Thyme Leaves
- Combine chicken broth, carrots, maple syrup, mustard, and thyme leaves in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil at high heat, stirring regularly.
- Reduce heat to medium, and continue to stir until tender.
- Move the soup to a food processor, and puree until smooth.
- Move soup back to pot. The soup may be too thick, in which case you should add 1 cup of water.
- Reheat soup until hot.
- Stir in sour cream. Taste and add in salt as needed. Serve warm.