- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Honey Glazed Carrots with Capsicum and Garlic
Carrot is a healthy vegetable. Being rich in beta-carotene, it is a good source of Vitamin A that helps improving vision. Carrots have antiseptic properties and they are rich in antioxidants which serve as anti-ageing and detoxifying agent.
Nutrition Facts of Carrot
This is a quick recipe that is easy to cook and healthy to eat. Just a few minutes and voila, the delicious and colorful dish is ready to be eaten. Honey glazed carrots works great as an evening snack or a party snack; especially for those who are finicky about their health.
I added capsicum and garlic to the dish to give some twist in the flavor. It can also be cooked without these ingredients, just being glazed in honey and olive oil or butter.
- Two carrots, peeled and cut into halves, lengthwise.
- One small capsicum, thinly chopped.
- Two green chilies, sliced diagonally.
- One teaspoon of garlic powder, or 2-3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- One tablespoon of honey
- One and half teaspoon of lemon juice
- One teaspoon of olive oil
- Half a teaspoon of butter (optional)
- Salt, to season
- Black pepper, to season
- A pinch of basil (optional), finely chopped
- Parsley, finely chopped, to garnish
- Peel and cut the carrots as instructed above and boil them in hot water till they become tender.
- Now drain the water and keep them aside.
- Heat olive oil in a wok, add butter, honey, garlic powder, lemon juice to it.
- Now add capsicum, chilies into the wok and then add the boiled carrots.
- Add salt and pepper to season along with a pinch of basil for the flavor. You can skip adding basil if do not like its flavor much.
- Cook till the oil and honey mixture coats the vegetables and then remove the wok from the stove.
- Pour the entire content on a plate and sprinkle finely chopped parsley over it.
- Decorate with sliced tomatoes, lemon wedges, and cilantro leaves.
- The dish is ready to be served.