Honeydew Melon Fruit Delight
Honeydew Melon Fruit Delight
Healthy Fresh Fruit Delight
This healthy fruit dessert will give you great nourishment as well as delight your taste buds. This original dish is a great example of giving you wonderful nutrition, without the danger of cholesterol.
The Burst of Mixing Flavors
This finished dessert gives you a wonderful surprise. With the first spoonful of the mixing of the fruit flavors, it is absolutely stunning to your taste buds. It is amazing how the four fruits compliment each other.
The powdered sugar gives it an extra sweet taste. However, if you prefer your fruit dessert to be a little less sweet and a bit more tangy use a little less powdered sugar.
Health Benefits of Blueberries
Blueberries contain significant amounts of anti-toxant compounds that produce blues and purples and reds in fruits and vegetables.
Blueberries are a good source of vitamin C, E and manganese, fiber and calcium. Blueberries contain elegiac acid, and other photo-chemicals that protects cells from damage.
Blueberries and cranberries may also prevent urinary tract infections and cancer. Research shows blueberries to be effective in reducing the effects of age on neutral tissue.
Fresh blueberries provide more vitamin C and potassium then preserved berries.
Health Benefits of Honeydew Melons
Honeydew melons are an excellent source of vitamin C providing more than half a days required amount (53%) in one half cup serving.
Vitamin C acts as an anti-toxident in blood and cells, and plays a roll in boosting immunity, and assists in collagen production, making it important in anti-aging.
Honeydew melon contain both soluble and insoluble fiber. Soluble fiber helps keep blood sugar balance by slowing the absorption of carbohydrates. It also lowers cholesterol by carrying cholesterol out the the body.
Health Benefits of Strawberries
Anti-tioxidant-rich strawberries can help improve your heart health, increase HDL (good) cholesterol levels, and lower your blood pressure. They can also help make your brain function better, enhance eye and skin heath, and help arthritis and gout. The polyphonic content of strawberries makes them beneficial for improving the immune system and helps to prevent various types of cancer.
Health Benefits of Cherries
Cherries give you 15% of your daily vitamin C. The anti-inflamatory effect may improve symptoms of arthritis and gout. It may increase sleep quality, and may benefit heart health.
- 1 cup honeydew melon, scooped out with melon baller
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup blueberries, whole
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- "1/8" cup granulated sugar
- 12 whole cherries, maraschino, heavy syrup
- Take 1 cup of a fresh honeydew melon and scoop it out in pieces with a melon baller, and put in a large bowl.
- Take 1 cup of the sliced strawberries and slice them in halves and put them in the bowl with the scooped honeydew melon.
- Take 1 cup of the blueberries and put them whole into the bowl with the honeydew melon,and strawberries.
- Take the 1/8 cup of granulated sugar and mix it in with the fruit in the bowl and stir.
- Take all but 1 teaspoon of the powdered sugar and mix it in with the fruit and stir.
- Take two dessert cups and chill them in the freezer, till they have an icy fog on them.
- Remove them from the freezer and put the teaspoon of powdered sugar decoratively on the rim of the dessert glass.
- Fill the glasses, with the fruit mixture generously to the rim of the dessert glass.
- Place 6 cherries decoratively on the top of the fruit mixture, in each dessert glass.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of the powdered sugar, and sprinkle decoratively on top of the fruit mixture in the dessert glass.
- Ready to serve. Serves 2
- If you prefer your fruit dessert to be a little less sweet and a little more tangy, then you can omit the granulated sugar and cut down on the amount of powdered sugar.
A Great Healthy Dessert
In today's world where more and more illnesses are linked to our diet, it is important that we think outside the box, that we are accustomed to, in our food choices.
This dessert dish has so much wonderful nutrition, and health benefits that it is worth your while to give this dish a second look.
TO YOUR HEALTH TODAY AND EVERYDAY
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.