Make Hot Chocolate for Large Party in a Slow Cooker
Fall and Winter Parties NEED Hot Chocolate
Delicious! Super chocolaty drink without being too thick or super sweet like the original slow cooker cocoa recipe. Less fat, less sugar, but really great and intense taste.
Photographic images have either been taken by the author, or are generously shared by uploaders to Pixabay.com under Creative Commons.
Super Easy to Make Recipe for Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate for a Large Party Entertaining
Make No Mistake: This is Still Not a Low Calorie, Low Sugar Drink, but...
... It is LESS than the Familiar Recipe.
This Hot Chocolate vs. The Other Recipe
What's the difference?
Calories and fat. Make no mistake. This is still not a low calorie, low sugar, drink, but it is less than the original recipe.
- 1% milk vs. whole full fat milk
- 1/2 and 1/2 vs. heavy cream
- Almost half the condensed sweetened milk
- The addition of a small amount of chocolate syrup to intensify flavor without adding more fat
- More milk and half and half to make a larger quantity, with the same amount of other ingredients that tastes great
Save this Recipe for your next Holiday Party or Outside Activity.
This recipe also offers another bonus: 12 cups vs 7
12 cups fills the popular oblong large-sized slow cooker with enough room to serve without sloshing. Or top with lots of mini marshmallows.
Ingredients, with Optional Mini Marshmallows
Prep and Cook Time
Ingredients for the Basic Hot Chocolate Recipe
(See Below for Optional Garnishments):
- 9 cups 1% low fat milk
- 3 cups half and half
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 bag (12 oz.) chocolate chips, semi-sweet
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Easy Preparation: Add All Wet Ingredients, Whisk Well, then Add Chips. Whisk Occasionally. Serve.
- Pour milk, half and half, sweetened condensed milk, and chocolate sauce, into crock pot. Add vanilla. Stir or whisk to mix.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Set cooker to high for 2 hours,
- Stir or whisk well after every half hour.
- Set cooker to low or keep warm until 1 hour before end of party, Stir occasionally to keep the surface from creating a film.
- When cooled, pour remainder into a bottle, or well sealed pitcher. Store in refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, shake to distribute chocolate that settles to the bottom, then reheat in cooker, or pour into mug and microwave for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes. Stir.
- Garnish as below.
If you Like this Recipe, won't you give it a 5 Star Rating?
Easy to Serve by the Cup after the Party's Over
Optional Garnishment Toppings for Hot Chocolate
Marshmallows - Regular-sized or Mini
Grated Chocolate ~ Milk, Dark, or White
Caramel Topping or Syrup
Crushed Candy Canes
Unsweetened Chocolate Powder
Any other Suggestions?
Please comment below!
This Author loves finding Different Ways to make Great Food...
... using one of her favorite appliances, a slow cooker. This easy Hot Chocolate recipe was inspired by a viral, but very sweet and too fatty, recipe. The ease of using a good, easy to program, slow cooker was a huge bonus.
Just a Note about Why I Love my Slow Cooker
Here are my favorite features of this easy to use appliance compared to my Crock Pot, and other companies and models:
- It has a brushed stainless steel finish. The outer shell handles cooked on spills easily. The painted surface of my previous cooker didn't allow for any serious cleaning without scratching or chipping the surface.
- Programming allows for timing one session for high, low, and warm, temperature settings concurrently.
- Timing can also equal preset 2, 4, 6, 8 hour sessions. Customized time is also available with up and down buttons for up to 20 hours.
- More neutral design for serving party buffet-style meals.
- The newest, and most popular, large-sized 6.5 quart with an oval-shape, allows for easy buffet serving. 2 serving utensils may be used simultaneously. This shape and size also allows for bigger cuts of meat like a good sized ham, roast, or turkey.
More Author Related, or Mentioned, Pages
- Rochester, New York ~ I ♥ Wegmans
Wegmans as of April 2016 is now rated #1 over Publix and Trader Joe's. I knew there was good reason I wrote this article quite awhile ago.
- How to Make Turkey Rice Soup in a Slow Cooker From T...
This author loves making a good pot of soup 3 seasons of the year, using one of her favorite appliances, a slow cooker. This easy Turkey soup recipe was inspired by that cooker and a lot of tasty leftovers from a Thanksgiving meal.
- Easy Crock-Pot Chili
A family favorite, this is an easy three-ingredient chili with hamburger, kidney beans, and stewed tomatoes. Oh, don't forget the spicy goodness.
© 2018 BWDuerr