- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients»
- Vegetable Ingredients
Hot and Spicy Lady Finger (Okra)
Benefits Of Okra
Lady finger is highly nutrient and low calorie vegetable as it is highly fibrous, it contains vitamin A, B, C, K, calcium, potassium, iron, zinc with traces of magnesium and manganese and fol-ate content. It is also has rich quantity of Nutrients and antioxidants such as beta-carotene, xanthine and lutein.
Ladyfinger being rich in nutrient contents is beneficial to cure for many diseases such as cancer, anemia, asthma, diabetes, gut flora and constipation. It is useful for bones, reduces cholesterol, good for eyes and skin also. But people who have kidney stones should avoid it being vegetable contains some what of oxalic acid which is not good for patients having history of kidney stones.
Now I will come to my dish of Spicy Lady Finger (Okra). I am going to share with all of you the way to make Okra in such a way that it will become mouthwatering temptation. Lady Finger is not liked by many people because of its seeds, texture and taste. But I promise to those who love spices will start loving this vegetable after trying this recipe.
- 1kg Lady finger or okra, cut in small pieces
- 4 big Tomatoes, finely sliced
- 4 big Onion, finely sliced
- 5 big Green chillies, sliced in two
- 1 tbls Garlic, paste
- 1 tbls Ginger, paste
- 2 tbls Lemon, juice
- 1 tbls Red chilli, powder
- 1 tsp turmeric, powder
- 1 cup Oil
- 2 tbls Coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1tsp ground spice, powder
- Turn on stove, Take a deep frying pan and add oil.
- Add onion in oil and fry till it becomes light pink.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and fry for 1 minute.
- Add red chili, salt and turmeric powder and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Now put all the sliced tomatoes in pan and fry for 1 minute.
- It’s time to add Okra or Ladyfinger in it and mix well.
- Turn the heat slow and cover the pan for 5 minutes
- Open the pans if lady finger has started melting mix it softly with spoon and cover again.
- Keep checking while cooking for 10 minutes on slow heat.
- When the lady finger is full soft and oil seems visible add lemon juice and powder ground spices.
- Spicy Hot Okra is ready, put it in a serving dish and Garnish with coriander leaves,ground spice powder and sliced onion. Serve with chapatis .
While making this dish take fresh vegetables and wash them well before cutting to have wonderful results. This recipe will be ready in an hour.