Hotty's Fajita Recipe
The first thing to do (after shopping for your ingredients) is to decide who "Hotty" will be. If you are making this yourself, you have it easy. Otherwise, the Chef-in-Charge-of-the-Kitchen-for-the-Evening should be deemed "Hotty" or you could add your own twist to the name, like "Chef-Boy-oh-Boy-You-Are-Hot"......
Oh and I have to say that a nice amber beer is a delicious choice of beverage and will cool you off if you added a lot of heat to your fajitas.
- 1 lb chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 summer squash or yellow zucchini, sliced
- a packet of fajita powder mix
- chopped green onion
- 1/2 sweet onion
- Mission Multi-Grain Flour Tortillas, warmed at serving time
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Prepare the vegetables and slice the chicken. If you managed to acquire a very hot jalapeno pepper, use gloves to chop the pepper! WARNING: Do not touch yourself or Hotty over there until you have washed your hands VERY well!!
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil over hot heat. Add all of the prepared vegetables and sauté for 5 minutes. Set aside. If you touched your eyes, you may need a break here to cry it out.
- Start sautéing the chicken in another pan with another tablespoon of oil. When it turns white, add the fajita flavoring of your choice and a 1/2 cup of water. Simmer about 5 minutes until golden brown, then add the vegetables that you set aside earlier. Continue simmering until vegetables are at desired consistency. We like them on the firm side, so I would say another 5 minutes.
- If you heat up a clean frying pan to med-low, you can warm the tortillas on both sides rather quickly while waiting for the vegetables to finish.
Stop crying, bring it all to the table, and enjoy! Serve with a beer to cool you off. It is fiery!!