How I Make Homemade Potato Hash Browns
Homemade Potato Hash Browns Recipe
Easy Homemade Potato Hash browns
Hash browns make for a great breakfast you can purchase them already made at the supermarket or you can make them from scratch yourself. Personally I like to make them myself as I think they taste a lot better and are free of preservatives. It is really simple to make however you will need a little time to prepare them. That being said it is well worth the effort. To make this recipe you will need 1/3 of a cup of flour, 2 large potatoes and 1 egg. You will also need a large pot in which you can fill with oil to deep fry them or a deep fryer. I use a Breville deep fryer which I have had for the past few months which I would definitely recommend as it is very cheap and it doesn't take very long for the oil to heat up.
Homemade Potato Hash Browns
- 2 Potatoes, Grated
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup white flour
Homemade Hash Browns Instructions
- The first step is to grate your large potatoes into a large mixing bowl in which you are going to add and combine the rest of the ingredients.
- Now that you have grated 2 large potatoes into your mixing bowl you want to add 1/3 of a cup of flour and 1 large egg and combine them together well.
- Now you want to place your mixture into the freezer for 30 minutes so that it will solidify and make it easier to roll out into shape in the next step.
- Now that you have done this you want to roll your mixture out until you get the desired thickness it is also a good idea to put down a sheet of baking powder.
- Now you have to place it back in the freezer until it is completely frozen. This will make it easier to cut the hash browns into shape and also they will hold their shape when you deep fry them.
- Now that they are completely frozen it is time to cut the hash browns into shape and start heating up your deep fryer. If you want them to be super crunchy on the outside you can cook them at a lower temperature first (around 150 degrees) and then you can turn the temperature up to around 180-190 and deep fry them for a further 30 seconds to a minute.
- Now it is time to serve them. Don't forget to serve them with salt and they should be delicious.
So it is very simple to make it just requires a little time but it is well worth it. Remember if you want to make a larger batch all you have to do is multiply the ingredients depending on how many you would like. If you want twice as many you would use 4 potatoes, 2/3 of a cup of flour and 2 eggs. I have included a video below which shows you step by step how to make this recipe. Thanks for reading and don't forget to subscribe to my youtube channel and follow me on hubpages for more delicious recipes.