How To Bake Chocolate Cranberry Muffins
How I Came To Bake Muffins
Have you ever tried to bake from your leftover dried fruits?
Christmas time was baking time again for me with the use of all dried fruits that I could get from the shop. Well, they were mostly dried raisins and apricots. I love eating these dried fruits. Then I saw these packed dried cranberries.
Honestly, I have not eaten cranberry fruit before that, although I have read and heard a lot of this fruit and its health benefits. So I bought this one pack of dried cranberries for my snack during nighttime online writing.
The taste of the dried cranberries was delicious but they were far too salty for my taste. What then? I did not like to throw those in the bín and so I came to the idea of baking cakes, cupcakes or muffins. I have mostly baked gingerbread houses, cakes and cupcakes but not muffins. So, I have chosen to bake muffins last Christmas. My first baked muffins ever. Chocolate Cranberry Muffins!
Chocolate Cranberry Muffins
Hand Mixer for an easy baking!
Things You Need
- Muffins baking tin
- 12 Muffins paper cups (optional)
- Hand mixer
- Ice Cream Scooper
- Weighing scale
- Mixing bowls
- Hand whisker
- Baking timer
Some of the Ingredients
- 200 gram All Purpose Flour, sieved
- 100 gram Sugar, brown
- 2 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Sugar
- 100 gram Cranberries, sun dried
- 200 gram Milk, Fresh
- 100 ml Vegetable Oil
- 2 pieces Eggs, slightly beaten
- 25 gram Cocoa, dark
- Weight all the ingredients.
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C.
- Brush the muffins baking tin with butter in case you are not using the muffins or cupcakes silicone or paper forms.
- Prepare a toothpick for testing a muffin after 15 minutes of baking if it´s already done.
- You can cut the dried cranberries into thin slices if you want to. I did not do it and it was still delicious.
Cupcakes / Muffins Forms
Step by Step PhotosClick thumbnail to view full-size
How to bake Chocolate Cranberry Muffins
- Put the weight and sieved all purpose flour in the mixing bowl. Add the brown sugar, baking powder, vanilla sugar and cocoa. Mix them together.
- In another bowl mix the vegetable oil, fresh milk and slightly beaten eggs. Then add them to the dried ingredients.
- Mix the dried ingredients with the liquid ingredients by using an electric mixer or a hand mixer until they are soft in texture but don´t overbeat this.
- Add the dried cranberries into the muffins batter and mix well by just using a wooden spatula or any spatula you are using.
- Put the muffins batter up to 3/4 to every buttered muffins baking tin by using an ice scooper, if you have. No need to butter the baking tin if you are using the cupcakes baking silicone or paper forms.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in a pre-heated 170°C oven.The muffins are done when a toothpick comes out dry or clean after inserting it in one of the muffins.
- Enjoy your fresh baked chocolate cranberry muffins.
Fresh Baked Chocolate Cranberries Muffins
- You don´t have to butter the muffins tin if you are using muffins or cupcakes paper forms.
- Silicon cupcake forms are good and easy for baking muffins, too.
- It is easy to use the ice scooper in putting the muffin batter into the forms.
- You can use other dried fruits like raisins in baking these muffins.
- These muffins are not sweet. You can add more sugar if you want to. From 100 g to 125 g.
- Remember, every oven is different so check out yours.
- Don´t forget to incorporate cranberries to your daily meal as it is a super fruit. The video shows you the health benefits of eating cranberries.
- If there is no vanilla sugar in your country, you can use a few drops of vanilla flavouring.
Would you like to try this chocolate cranberries muffin?
Enjoy Chocolate Cranberry Muffin
Muffins Cook Book
Difference between a Cupcake and a Muffin
Do you know the difference between a cupcake and a muffin? I did not until I researched about this. I thought they were the same. I thought the difference was only on the size but now I know and I wanted to share this with you in case you don´t know yet.
I have found out that:
- a cupcake is made of a cake batter which mostly has butter in the ingredients. It is a small cake which can be eaten frosted or not. Cupcake is mostly eaten on an afternoon coffee or tea break.
- a muffin is bigger in size compared to a cupcake. It is made of a bread batter. Instead of baking a loaf bread, you can make muffins by using the bread dough and bake them in a muffin tins. In this recipe I used vegetable oil for the batter. Muffin is usually made for breakfast. You can eat the way it is or you can slightly decorate it with a glaze icing.
I am including a photo of my selfmade cupcakes below. Maybe you know some of the difference between these 2 goodies and I would be glad to know about those differences. Thanks for reading and I hope you will try these Chocolate Cranberry Muffins recipe for your breakfast.
Self Baked Cupcakes
Some of the Autors Recipes
- Mango Strawberry Cream Dessert
Mango Strawberry Cream Dessert is a delicious dessert you can serve for your family at dinner time. It´s easy to make and you need only 5 ingredients to make this recipe.
- Frozen Cherry Cream Dessert Recipe
Frozen Cherry Cream Dessert Recipe is a no bake creamy dessert made of Graham Crackers and cherry fillings. It is a yummy summer treat for any kind of celebrations like birthday parties.
- How To Make Baguette Sandwiches
Fancy some baguette sandwiches? Here are some recipes on how to make baguette sandwiches. They are so easy to make and cheap as well.
- How To Cook A Vegetarian Ratatouille
Have you eaten a vegetarian ratatouille? It is a healthy, vegetable stew originated from the south of France. This is not an exact French recipe as I keep on experimenting every time I make this stew.
- Meat and Vegetable Fried Rice Recipe
Have you tried fried rice with meat and vegetables before? If not, why not try this one. You can make this recipe for your breakfast, lunch or for your dinner. As a full meal or as a side dish, with or without salads.
© 2015 Thelma Alberts