- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
Chocolate Chips and Raisin Muffin Recipe
Please rate my recipe, Thanks!
Chocolate Chip Raisin Muffins
Did you manage to finish all the muffins in 1 or 2 days?
My First Muffin
Honestly, my first muffin was a successful trial because it turned out damp and sunken.
I had a 12 hole muffin pan but it was too large to fit into the oven.
Hence, I had to use a wok to bake the muffin in the pan.
The wok was put over the gas stove, gas mark was the lowest fire, no water in the wok, just the stainless steel stand to hold on the muffin tray.
It took 30 minutes to bake the muffins.
However, thy didn't end up fluffy and spongy.
Anyway, I didn't gave up baking muffins.
This is my second time trying to bake muffins.
Now, I had order a smaller size muffin pan that fits into the oven.
Easy To Bake Muffins
Muffins are great snacks for teatime and breakfast.
Muffin goes well with coffee or tea.
If you don't have the sweet tooth for sweets, leave out the chocolate chips and replace them with your favorite nuts, such as almonds or hazelnuts.
If you are weight watcher, replace full cream with soymilk or skimmed milk for health purpose.
This muffin recipe is simple, easy and if you are using a twelve hole muffin tin, you just have to bake twice to get 24 pieces.
The batter is just nice and lovely fluffy inner texture.
- Comes in 12 muffin holes, regular size fit for any muffin paper cups
- This tray is non-coated, hence the muffin batter doesn't stick onto the muffin tray.
- It is easy to clean, you don't need to use stainless steel scouring pad at all.
- Use a sponge with washing liquid will do.
- This muffin tray fits in any microwave oven.
- All muffins slide out easily with a single scoop.
- Worth the money, great product.
Buy Regular Muffin Pan -Now $6.60 !!
Step-by-step Video For Baking Chocolate Raisin Muffin
- 250g Self-Raising Flour
- 1tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/4tsp salt
- 150g butter, (dice and melted)
- 100g icing sugar
- 2 eggs, (beaten)
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 100ml full cream milk
- 150ml yogurt, (any flavor)
- 100g raisins
- 100g chocolate chips
- a little butter for greasing muffin tin
1/4 cup = 32g
1/4 cup = 57g
1/4 cup = 30g
1/3 cup = 43g
1/3 cup = 76g
1/3 cup = 40g
1/2 cup= 64g
1/2 cup = 113g
1/2 cup = 60g
2/3 cup = 85g
1 cup = 227g
2/3 cup = 75g
3/4 cup = 96g
3/4 cup = 170g
3/4 cup = 85g
1 cup = 128g
1 cup = 110g
- Sieve all dry ingredients in a big bowl.
- Combine raisins with yogurt in a bowl. Leave aside for half an hour to soften the raisins.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add half of the beaten egg. Beat well after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla essence and yogurt mixture.
- Fold in flour alternatively with milk. Mix well.
- Add in chocolate chips and raisins. Stir again.
- Fill the greased muffin tin with the batter until 2/3 full.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C for 15-20 minutes.
- Insert skewer into the muffins. It should comes out clean.
Get ready the ingredients
I always measure the ingredients accurately before baking time. Getting the right measurement is important for the muffin to turn out soft and fluffy.
Creamy the batter
Cream up the butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy batter. You don't have to use the cake mixer. Just use a stainless steel fork to beat the batter for 5 minutes.
Beat in the eggs
Beat in the eggs, one at a time and continue to beat for 5 minutes. Do not add in all the eggs into the batter as it will become lumpy.
- My muffins are easily remove from the paper cups and the cups doesn't tear easily.
- It comes in150 assorted standard baking paper cups, 2-inch diameter
- I love the colorful patterns and bright colors that resembles rainbow colors. Kids were excited to eat muffins from these paper cups.
- These cups are great for party snacks such as nuts, candies, mini chocolates that are suitable for kids parties.
- Worth the money, comes in 150 pieces, I could bake 7 times!
Buy fancy paper cups for $4.99!!
Sieve in the dry ingredients
Sieve in the flour and sugar and baking powder into the batter. Then, gradually add in the milk while beating it.
Continue to beat all the ingredients until well combine like this picture. Now you can add in the raisins and chocolate chips. Stir them up.
The muffin tray
Lightly grease the muffin tray with a little butter or sunflower oil. If you are using muffin paper cups, you can ski this step, no need greasing the muffin cups either. Greasing the tray would make the baked muffin to come off easily without breaking the muffins apart.
Don't pour too much
Pour in the muffin batter 2/3 full in muffin paper cups or muffin holes in the tray. Do not fill up to the brim as the muffin will overflow when baking.
Ready to eat
Bake for 20 minutes for the first batch, 15 minutes for the second batch. Use the skewer to test out the muffin texture. If it comes out dry, the muffin is ready.
If it comes out wet, further bake 10 minutes.
When ready, use a plastic soon or knife to scoop out the baked muffins carefully.
It should come off easily.
The bottom side
The bottom side of Chocolate Chip Raisin muffin would be dark brown as photo shown.
I love the crisp charred brown texture, tasty and yummy!
Delicious Pumpkin Walnut Cake you MUST TRY!
More delicious cakes and cookies by peachpurple
- How to make Pumpkin Walnut Cake for Halloween
Pumpkin Walnut Cake is moist, a little sticky, full of pumpkin flavor and sweet pumpkin bits with red cherries are great combination for natural sweetness. This cake recipe calls for less sugar. less butter and less eggs. Hence, it is nutritious! Gre
- How to Bake Cherry Coconut Cake with a Rice Cooker
Cherry Coconut Cake is another great additions to my cake recipes. Desiccated coconut makes the cake heavier, compact and full of coconut flavor while the cherries are wonderful to bite for there are crunchy to me. A slice of cake and a cup of "Teh T
- Biscuit Recipe: Best Loved Easter Walnut Biscuits
Easter Day is a fun day when you get your kids involve in baking Easter biscuits in the kitchen.Add in some chopped walnuts, cashew nuts or hazelnuts to make this festive biscuit crunchy and crispy.
- How To Make Cashew Nut Cookies
Every Chinese New Year, I would definitely bake these Cashew Nut Cookies for a treat. Homemade cookies, buttery cookies are pretty easy to bake and fragrant nutty smell makes everyone's mouth water!
- How To Make Low Cholesterol Cookies- Currant & Lemon Cookies
Currant & Lemon Cookies of this version are low in cholesterol, low in calories but gorgeously melt in the mouth. Adding lemon zest and juice are flavorful and fragrance which made this cookie special
- Rice Cooker Cake Recipe: Marble Cake With Almonds
Marble sponge cake is super easy to bake when I use my rice cooker. It is a mixture of chocolate and vanilla cake, very impressive pattern and super delicious!
© 2009 peachy