Easy, Yummy Dessert Ideas : How To Cook Caramel Custard In A Microwave!
Rate This Recipe!
Stressed spelled backwards is desserts. Coincidence? I think not! ~~~Author Unknown
Everyone' s Favorite Dessert--Caramel Custard!
© Chitrangada Sharan July, 2014,
All Rights Reserved.
- Who doesn't like desserts! I think everyone, whether young or old.
After a lavish meal, a delicious dessert is a must in my home.
- In the Western countries the Dessert recipes have many varieties such as Cakes, Ice creams, Pies and Puddings, Chocolates and Cookies. Even fruit is considered as a Dessert.
- In India however Dessert recipes means Sweets such as Rosogullas, Gulabjamuns, Laddoos, Burfis, Kheers, Kulfi, Halwas,and many, many more mouth watering sweets.
- But now with globalization, even our food habits have been affected. While the Westerners may like to cook and relish our Indian recipes, we do also cook their recipes and enjoy them.
- So you can see exotic food served in Indian restaurants, which are special recipes of some other country. In Indian weddings too, you can see continental food, Thai food, Chinese food, Italian food --the list goes on.
- When it comes to Desserts, Caramel custard is one of my favorite and everyone in my family loves it.
- There is a reason for it. It is so light and refreshing and with no oil or fat!
- Preparing it is also very easy. Earlier I used to cook it by steaming it on double boiler but with microwave, it is much easier and quicker to make.
- 500 mililiters Low Fat Milk
- 3-4 Eggs, 4 if the eggs are small, 3 if they are big
- 2 tablespoonful Sugar, For the mixture
- 2 tablespoonful Sugar, For Caramalising
- 1 teaspoonful Vanilla essence
Cook Time for microwave oven:
How to cook Caramel Custard in a microwave oven
- Boil the milk and let it cool.
- Take a bowl and break the eggs into it. Whisk them thoroughly, until they are light and bubbly.
- Add the egg mixture to the cooled milk.
- Add sugar and vanilla essence and mix thoroughly.
- Take a glass bowl, suitable for microwave cooking. Add two tablespoonful sugar and one tablespoonful water. Place in the microwave and caramalize the sugar for two minutes.
- Take out the bowl and let this cool. Pour the prepared milk and egg mixture into this bowl.
- Place in the microwave oven and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, depending upon your oven. Mine takes about 8 minutes. You can check by inserting a toothpick. If it comes clean, your recipe is ready.
- Take it out and put in the refrigerator to cool.
- Now comes the tricky part. Turning the Caramel Custard Pudding on the serving plate requires precision and practice. Place the serving plate on the bowl so as you are covering it. Quickly turn it upside down and see the magic!
- You can also cook individual servings in smaller bowls. Top it with cream if you so desire. But better to avoid fat and enjoy the nutritious and delicious dessert just like this.
- Always serve it after cooling in the refrigerator.
Do you make Caramel Custard Pudding recipe--
The Traditional 'Steaming Method' Of Making Caramel Custard!
- The conventional method of making caramel custard is the same with the difference that you steam the mixture on a double boiler.
- The sugar can be caramelized in a metal bowl over flame.
- We first place water in a big bowl and place the prepared mixture in it and cover it.
- We cook it on very low flame and it takes about thirty to forty minutes to be ready.
- Both the methods can be applied in making this delicious dessert.
- Some people make it in pressure cooker as well, the same way you make Idlis, without the weight above.
- You can also use brown sugar instead of white sugar.
Whichever method you adopt, the taste remains the same---Delicious!
Enjoy the Dessert!
© Chitrangada Sharan July 10, 2014,
All Rights Reserved.
PROTECTED: PLEASE DO NOT COPY!
I prefer to regard a dessert as I would imagine the perfect woman: subtle, a little bittersweet, not blowsy and extrovert. Delicately made up, not highly rouged. Holding back, not exposing everything and, of course, with a flavor that lasts.
Tips for Dessert photography, source: You tube
Other Dessert hubs by Chitrangada Sharan
- How To Make Fresh Panner (Cottage Cheese) At Home : ...
You must be enjoying Paneer /Cottage Cheese in various recipes. But have you tried making it on your own? Here are some simple steps to make fresh Paneer at home itself; Pure, fresh, always available!
- Indian Wedding And Festival Sweets |Rawa-Besan Laddo...
A traditional Indian sweet, enjoyed almost on every festival or celebration in India. Commonly called, 'Laddoo,' it can have many variations in ingredients. I have used Gram flour and Semolina here.
- How To Make Sweet Shakarpara : The Popular Indian Sw...
It is true that no Indian festival/Weddings can be complete without sweets. Shakarpara is a must have in Indian weddings, exchanged between the bride and groom's family. Also prepared on Diwali n Holi .
- Low Calorie Indian Dessert Recipe : Cottage Cheese I...
Cottage cheese or Paneer as it is called in India is a versatile milk product and can be used to prepare many exotic recipes. Here is a low calorie dessert idea, simple, quick, needs few ingredients.
- Interesting Facts About Delicious Indian Mangoes: Qu...
The fragrance of the ripe mangoes is in the air. Lets create some magic with incredible mangoes; some delicious n simple recipes. Loaded with valuable nutrients, it has religious significance as well.
© 2014 Chitrangada Sharan