- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
How To Deep Fry Turkey Without Burning Down The House
For those who have had fried turkey know it is delicious! In my pre-vegetarian days I had the opportunity to experience fried turkey. I was living in Louisiana at the time, and thought fried turkey: "are you serious?" I really thought it was the strangest think I had ever heard of, I had never heard of fried turkey at that time. I even laughed when my brother-in-law asked me if I wanted some. He told me try it, it is really good it's been fried in peanut oil. That was another strange thing, peanut oil for frying a turkey??
I tried it and yes I liked it! If you want the experience of fried turkey there is a simple way to fry turkey without burning down the whole house. However, if you are one of those individuals who really need to take pre-cautionary measures send the children, dog, and cat to Aunt Lilly's house just in case something goes wrong. (ok just kidding LOL) As for the hubby you will want to actually keep him around to guard you with the fire extinguisher in case of a massive spark.
The Easy Way
The safe way to experience fried turkey is to go to your local Brown's Chicken Restaurant. They have the best turkey leg you could ever taste. (lol). Seriously in this hub there are two versions to frying turkey. The first how-to is frying turkey parts such as turkey legs, wings, etc., and the second is the deep fring of the whole turkey. I also include a great video of Chef Tony with safe tips for frying your turkey at home.
- 2 Turkey Breast, whole
- 2 Turkey Legs, whole
- 2 Turkey Wings, whole
- quart peanut oil
- the short version is to fry turkey parts inside on top of the stove in a frying pan. turkey, frying pan
- For a whole turkey please fry outside away from plastic, and flameable items. Best places for placing the fryer is on the concrete. For deep frying a whole turkey remove giblets, and wires from around the turkeys leg.
- Fill the deep fryer with water, and place the turkey inside the fryer so you know how much peanut oil to put in the deep fryer.
- After pouring out the water, clean inside of fryer with a dry cloth.
- Temperature to fry turkey: 350F approx. 3 min. per 1 pound of turkey