How To Determine How Much Oil Is Needed To Deep Fry A Turkey
The amount of oil needed to deep fry a turkey will depend upon both the size of your bird, and the model of your turkey fryer. Please use the simple method below to calculate precisely how much oil you will need.
- Put your unwrapped turkey into your empty fryer pot.
- Add enough water to the pot to cover the turkey plus one inch.
- Now, take the turkey out of the pot, and mark the waterline on the pot. This line represents the amount of oil needed to deep fry your turkey.
Get Free Shipping on Peanut Oil from Amazon
Sign up for a risk-free 30 day trial of Amazon Prime membership, and enjoy free shipping on millions of items including peanut oil. Click here for complete details.
- After submerging the turkey by 1 inch of water ( as instructed in step 2 above), be sure that there is at least 5 inches of space between the top of the water and the top of the fryer pot. This space is needed to allow the oil to bubble up while the turkey is cooking, without the risk of overflow. If you do not have 5 inches of space, you will need to fry a smaller bird. Most turkey fryers will accommodate an 8-12 pound turkey. Unless you have an extra large turkey fryer, consider frying two small birds when catering to a large crowd.
- Never take a shortcut when it comes to safety while deep frying a turkey. Always use your fryer according to the manufacturers instructions, and please take a minute to read these Important Turkey Frying Safety Tips.
- Turkey Fryer Cooking Time Chart
When using a turkey fryer it is critical to know how long to cook your bird. The chart below will tell you how much time is needed to safely cook your bird in a turkey fryer. Type of Bird ,Oil Temperature ...
- Cajun Deep Fried Turkey Recipe
Cajun Deep Fried Turkey Prep Time: 30 minutes Fry Time: 3 minutes per pound Yields: 10-15 servings, plus leftovers 1 8-12 pound turkey 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika 1/2 tablespoon salt 3/4...