How To Doctor Up Boxed Mac And Cheese
15 Ways To Doctor Macaroni And Cheese
Even those better brands of mac and cheese can get boring after a while so I thought why not come up with at least 15 ways to doctor up boxed mac and cheese. After all mac and cheese is a all time kids favorite so if you do things to make it even better then the kids will really love it. Mac and Cheese out of the box is one of the easiest things to doctor up that there is.
Most of the ingredients can be heated and stirred into the mac and cheese or just simply stirred into the mac and cheese. If your making the boxed kind of mac and cheese just stir your ingredients into the mac and cheese after you finish making the mac and cheese.
The ingredients below will doctor any large size box of mac and cheese. Just remember unless the directions tell you different just stir your ingredients into your mac and cheese to jazz it up and kick it up another notch or two.
1. Stir in one half cup diced smoked salmon.
2. Add 1/2 cup steamed cauliflower florets and a dash of nutmeg.
3. Stir in one half cup spinach that has been well drained.
4. Stir in one cup cooked ground beef that you have seasoned with salt and pepper and drained well.
5. Sauté a tablespoon of minced garlic in butter and then stir it into the mac and cheese.
6. Stir in one cup drained white kidney beans and a teaspoon of dried thyme and mix well.
7. Cut the skin from Italian sausage and chop it up into small pieces. Cook it done and drain well and add a cup of the chopped cooked sausage to your mac and cheese.
8. Toss a cup of toasted bread crumbs in olive oil and then sprinkle them with Parmesan Cheese. Toast them under a broiler and then stir a cup full into your mac and cheese.
9. Stir in one cup of diced cooked boiled ham.
10. Stir in one cup of small baby shrimp and a teaspoon of Cajun seasoning.
11. Sauté some thin strips of red and green bell peppers in a pan with some olive oil and some fresh minced garlic and stir it into the mac and cheese.
12. Stir in a can of tomatoes with green chilies into your mac and cheese and stir well.
13. Really jazz it up by stirring in a half cup of cooked English peas, a half cup of broccoli florets and a 1/2 cup of cooked chopped boiled ham.
14. Sauté a large container of fresh chopped button mushrooms in butter and stir them into your mac and cheese.
15. Stir a half cup of cooked crumbled crisp bacon and a half cup of fresh diced tomatoes into your mac and cheese.
And there you have fifteen ways that you can doctor up a box of mac and cheese.
But there's no reason to stop there. Take a half cup of drained canned tuna and a teaspoon of fine diced capers and stir them into a cooked and prepared box of mac and cheese. Pour this into a casserole dish and spread the top of the dish with sour cream and then top the dish with bread crumbs sauteed in butter, Parmesan cheese, and minced garlic. You'll end up with a delicious tuna casserole that every one will love.
You can even make a jazzed up taco chicken casserole by cooking boned skinless chicken thighs sprinkled with dry taco seasoning until your chicken is done and then chop your chicken up fine. Stir the chopped cooked chicken up into a prepared box of mac and cheese and then stir in a half cup of sour cream and a half cup of fine shredded Mexican Cheese and pour everything out into a casserole dish. Sprinkle the top with more shredded Mexican cheese and put in a pre heated 350 degree oven for 10 - 12 minutes until you can see that all the cheese is well melted and you'll have one of the best and tastiest chicken taco salads that you will ever eat. Yes it really is that good.
And there's all kinds of other things that you can do to doctor up a plain old box of mac and cheese. Try making a simple box of cooked mac and cheese into a delicious baked mac and cheese by adding a cup of shredded cheddar cheese and a half cup of sour cream to the prepared box of mac and cheese and pour it out into a casserole dish. Pour another half cup of shredded cheddar cheese on top and bake in a 350 degree pre heated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until your cheese is well melted. You'll have a mac and cheese baked casserole that will be oh so delicious.
I hope you like my ideals for mac and cheese and if you try out one of the ideals please let me hear about it. And thanks for taking the time to read my Hub Page on , " How To Doctor Up Boxed Mac And Cheese ".