- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
How To Make A Healthy and Delicious Fruit Salad
Living for a few months in my home country Philippines, gives me an advantage in creating some healthy and delicious recipes which consist a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables that mostly grow in Asia. This article is about my first self made and tested recipe. A healthy and delicious fruit salad.
Healthy And Delicious Fruit Salad
Ingredients: (10 persons)
A big mixing bowl
A sharp knife for cutting the fruits
1/2 kilo ripe jackfruit
1 small ripe papaya
6 pieces ripe bananas, the one you like but not the cooking bananas variety
lemon juice for soaking the bananas to avoid dark color
3 ripe mangoes, the Philippine variety is the best
1/4 kilo watermelon
1 small ripe pineapple
2 big cans condense milk
250 gram double cream or plain yogurt
50 grams raisins (optional)
- Pull the jackfruits from the trunk, deseed them and cut into cubes or into your desired shape with a sharp knife. Put the sliced fruit into the big mixing bowl.
- Wash and cut the papaya into half and get off the seeds. Slice the fruit without hitting the skin, lengthwise and crosswise. Then scoop the fruit with a tablespoon and add them to the jackfruits.
- Peel off the skin and slice the bananas into small pieces or into cubes. Add lemon juice to the bananas to avoid darkness to the color. Add them to the other fruits.
- Wash and cut the mangoes on both sides of the seeds. Put the seeds aside. Cut the remaining mangoes lengthwise and crosswise without hitting the skin. Then scoop the mango fruits with a tablespoon and add them to the mixing bowl. Slice into cubes the remaining mangoes from the sides of the seeds.
- Cut the watermelon into small cubes and get rid off the seeds. Add to the fruit bowl.
- Peel the skin of the pineapple. Get rid off the "eyes" and of the trunk. Slice the pineapples into small cubes or as you wish. Add them to the fruit bowl.
- Add the condense milk, the double cream or the plain yogurt. If you want the fruit salad to be more juicy, just use both double cream and the plain yogurt. You can add raisins to this recipe if you wish.
Canned Ripe Jackfruits
- Eat fresh fruits everyday for it has a lot of vitamins which are very good for your health. Eating at least one or two small bowls of fruits everyday help your diet without being hungry. It is also good for your skin.
- Eating an apple a day or any kind of fruit is much more better than eating hamburger. As what I have read somewhere: " An apple a day keeps the doctor away."
- You can cook the seeds of the ripe Jackfruit until it is done. It is good as a snack.
- There are different kinds of mangoes but the best is the yellow and oblong form of a mango. Well, for my own taste. It is the Asian mango.
You don´t have to use all the fruits I have mentioned above. Of course you can substitute the fruits which are in season and are available in your country.
Thank you for reading this article and please leave a comment.
How many times do you eat fruits a day?
How To Eat Jackfruit
How To Cut A Mango
How To Cut A Pineapple
© 2011 Thelma Alberts