Eating Pizza in the Philippines is very different from eating pizza in Germany. The German pizzas are very authentic Italian pizzas. No wonder, there are lots of Italian people living and working in Germany. Besides that Italy is a neighbouring country of Germany in Europe.
Pizza has reached Philippines too, as there are lots of Filipinos working abroad. Through globalization, pizza has become a worldwide cuisine. However, Filipinos have established their own taste of pizza. Filipino pizza taste a bit sweet as the tomato sauce for the pizza as well as for the pasta are sweetened.
You may wonder why this is called Filipino style pizza. Filipinos are fond of eating beef loaf and those red colored hotdogs. No celebrations like children's birthday parties without these food besides chicken joy and hamburger from McDonald's.
Some IngredientsClick thumbnail to view full-size
What you need:
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Electric mixer or blender
- Tupperware or a large bowl
- Can Opener
- Kitchen Weighing Scale
- Rolling Pin
- Oven baking tray
- 400 grams flour, sifted
- 1 sachet yeast, dried
- 250 ml water, warm
- 1 teaspoon salt, iodized
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Pack Filipino Style Tomato Sauce, e.g. Del Monte
- 1 tablespoon Basil, fresh or dried
- 1 tablespoon Oregano, fresh or dried
- 1 pack Filipino hotdogs, cut into desired size
- 1 can beef loaf, cut into desired size
- 100 gram pineapple, chunks, fresh or canned
- 1 pack cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
Pizza dried herb spices are great for making my own homemade pizza. Everything that I need for spicing up my pizza is in this bottle. Just try it and you will love it. Your kitchen will smell like you are in an Italian kitchen.
Procedure for the Dough
Put the flour, salt and dry yeast into the bowl of the electric blender.
Add the warm water.
Put the electric blender on and blend well until they are very well combined and the dough will get off from the side of the mixing bowl.
Put the dough in a large Tupperware which was brushed with olive oil.
Brush the top of the dough with olive oil, too.
Put the lid on of the Tupperware or cover the dough with a dry towel.
Let the dough work for an hour or two or until the dough has doubled in size.
Knead the dough on a floured board with a rolling pin and flatten the dough for an oven baking tray.
Brush olive oil on an oven baking tray and arrange the dough on it.
- Cut the hotdogs and beef loaf in thin pieces.
- Cut the fresh pineapple into chunks if you are using this instead of a canned one.
- Make holes in the pizza dough with the use of the fork.
- Spread the Filipino Style Del Monte tomato sauce on the flattened dough.
- Add the basil, oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
- Then add the sliced round tomatoes on top of it.
- Arrange the sliced hotdogs and beef loaf on the dough.
- Add the pineapple chunks on top.
- Arrange the grated cheese as the last and bake in the oven for about 25 minutes at 220°C. The minutes of baking depends on the kind of oven you are using.
- Enjoy this pizza with a glas of red wine. Bon Apetit!
Step by StepClick thumbnail to view full-size
1. Use fresh herbs if possible as they are much better than the dried ones. You can also use dried pizza spices.
2. You don´t have to use Del Monte brand of tomato sauce. Any tomato sauce will do as long as it´s in good quality.
3. If possible use fresh pineapple for this recipe.
4. You can use garlic and onions for the pizza sauce if you wish.
5. You can use any kind of cheese like Gouda, Mozzarella or Eden cheese when you are living in the Philippines.
6. You can bake this into 3-4 rounds of pizzas instead of baking in an oven tray.
7. Baking this pizza in an oven tray is not only good when you plan to have kids birthday party but it´s also good when you have a family bonding or your friends come to visit you at home.
Would you like to try this Filipino style of pizza?
Baking this pizza was fun although I have baked this just 6 times. It was not the first time that I have made this pizza dough as this was my basic dough in making Italian tuna or salami pizza. I was always successful in baking this Filipino style of pizza that I thought I would like to share it with you. This pizza has a thick crust but soft inside. It´s just the way I like it.
Below are 2 You Tube videos I have used to give you a helpful visual aid on how you can make your own pizza at home. I hope it will help. Good luck!
How To Make Pizza Dough
Homemade Pizza Video
Some Recipes By The Same Author
- How To Make Banana Strawberry Yogurt Smoothie
Did you have a lot of bananas before and you didn´t know how to use them besides baking a bread or a cake? This smoothie is a refreshing recipe for a hot summer day, which is easy to make.
- Frozen Cherry Cream Dessert Recipe
Frozen Cherry Cream Dessert Recipe is a no bake creamy dessert made of Graham Crackers and cherry fillings. It is a yummy summer treat for any kind of celebrations like birthday parties.
- Fruit Snack Mix Recipe
Fruit Snack Mix is one of the healthiest snack you can eat whether you are at home, in the office, in a picnic or as a take away for your kids in going to school.
- Traditional German Breakfast Recipes
This article is about the traditional breakfast recipes of bread in Germany. Germany has around 200 kinds of bread. From Graubrot, a sourdough bread, to rye bread or whole wheat Roggenbrot or Roggenmischbrot, a mixture of rye and whole wheat bread to
- Family Meal Ideas: Pedia´s Crunchy Spring Rolls
This is a family meal recipe from my late mother. Pedia´s Spring Roll recipe is always a hit in our family parties as it is cook for a crowd of more than a dozen. It contains a lot of work but with the helping hands of a family, this is a great way o
© 2014 Thelma Alberts