Single Serving Apple Crisp Recipe
This recipe for apple crisp is perfect for just one person! Apple crisp is a great dessert or snack, with a healthy apple-filled twist! It is best enjoyed warm, on a cool fall or winter day. When this single-serving of apple crisp is prepared the smell of cinnamon and apples fills the room!
- 1 Apple
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Oats (instant)
- 1/2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp Whole wheat flour, (all-purpose flour works too!)
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tbsp Olive oil, (corn oil works too!)
- 1 pinch Salt
- Preheat your oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees (some toaster ovens will need to be preheated to 375 degrees depending on the model- keep an eye on this!)
- Slice your apple (and peel if desired)
- Place your apple slices in a bowl and stir in the cornstarch so that it covers the apples. In a separate bowl combine the flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Pinch this mixture with your hands to form crumbles.
- Next, place the apple slices that are covered in cornstarch into a lightly greased ramekin or small baking dish. Drizzle the oil over the apples and then sprinkle the dry ingredients over the apple slices.
- Bake for fifteen minutes, then reduce the temperature to about 325-350 degrees (depending on whether you are using the oven or toaster oven, the toaster oven may require a higher temperature). Keep an eye on the apple crisp and remove after fifteen more minutes or once the top has browned. Enjoy!
|Serving size: 1 apple crisp|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|