How To Make Banana Strawberry Yogurt Smoothie
I love eating bananas. Every time I bought them, I´m not able to consume them that the skin became brown in appearance. Sometimes my eyes were bigger than my mouth. I didn´t like to throw them, so I was thinking of how to eat them not in a "normal" way. I did not want to make banana rolls again or fried bananas. I just wanted a change. You know what I mean, right?
After looking at the bananas in front of me, I thought about the hungry children somewhere around the world. They would be happy to eat these overripe brown skin, getting old bananas. I went to the kitchen and inspected what I had without cooking again. Bingo! Everything is there.
Here is the recipe.
Banana Strawberry Yogurt Smoothie
Multi Functions Blender
Things You Need
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- 2 pieces bananas, ripe and cut into pieces
- 10 pieces strawberries, frozen
- 2 glasses orange juice, cold
- 1 small, 150 gram yogurt, cold
How To Make Banana Strawberry Yogurt Smoothie
- Pour the 2 glasses of orange juice into the blender.
- Peel off the skin of the bananas. Cut the banana into desired pieces. Add them to the orange juice in the blender.
- Add the frozen strawberries to the other ingredients in the blender.
- Add the cold yoghurt. Put the lid on the blender . Blend the fruit mixture for a minute or until it´s good enough for your taste. Blending the fruit into low speed will give you a fruity smoothie.
- Wet the rim of a glass with water and dip it into a bowl of white sugar.
- Pour the banana strawberry yogurt smoothie into the prepared glass. Decorate it with a fresh strawberry if you have. Enjoy your smoothie!
Step By Step InstructionClick thumbnail to view full-size
- You can use fresh strawberries if you like. In this case, you have to hull and wash the strawberries before using them in your smoothies. I used frozen strawberries because they have a soft consistency and besides that, I still have a lot from my last strawberry harvest.
- In this recipe, I used blood orange juice with vitamins ACE. You can use any kind of orange juices. You can use pineapple, apple, currant and any fruit juices you want to.
- You can decorate a glass of banana strawberry yogurt smoothie with sugar, fresh strawberries, a straw and a cute umbrella.
- You can use fruits which are in season or whatever you have in your pantry.
- You can add vanilla ice cream on top of this smoothie.
- You can use milk, soya milk or butter milk instead of yogurt.
- If you want to use tropical fruits like pineapples, ripe mangoes or jackfruits, you can buy the canned fruits from the Asian shops.
Fruits, Milk Products and Juices for Smoothies
Full milk yogurt
Yogurt with nuts
Yogurt with fruits
What kind of smoothie do you like?
Health Benefits of Banana, Strawberry and Yogurt
- Banana is a healthy food to eat. It helps regulate blood pressure, keeps your heart, kidney and nerves healthy and helps maintain a strong immune system. It has a good source of fiber and a high doze of potassium. It contains vitamins and minerals like Vit. B6 & B12, Vit.C, magnesium as well as iron. Eating banana boasts energy.
- Strawberry is not only a delicious and healthy fruit, but also an excellent source of Vitamin C. It contains phytonutrients and antioxidants that helps fight against the free radicals in our body. It has no calories and is fat free. It contains vitamins and minerals like Vitamins K, B5, B6, manganese, potassium, folic acid, omega 3, copper and riboflavin.
- Yogurt contains good cultured bacteria, probiotic enzymes which fight against the bad bacteria in our body. It boosts the immune system and helps fight against gastrointestinal disorder, diarrhea, stomach ulcer and yeast infections. It is good for the skin especially when you suffer from sunburn. It contains Vitamins like B2, B12 and minerals like protein, magnesium and calcium which is good for teeth and bones.
Sources: The Tao of Good Health, Momcaster and MedicineNet.com
You Tube Video of Smoothie
How To Make a Fruit Smoothie
- Frozen Cherry Cream Dessert Recipe
Frozen Cherry Cream Dessert Recipe is a no bake creamy dessert made of Graham Crackers and cherry fillings. It is a yummy summer treat for any kind of celebrations like birthday parties.
- Guava Pineapple Smoothie
Guava Pineapple Smoothie is one of the easiest and healthiest drink I have made for myself and my family. It is very refreshing specially on a hot and sunny day in summer.
- Fruit Snack Mix Recipe
Fruit Snack Mix is one of the healthiest snack you can eat whether you are at home, in the office, in a picnic or as a take away for your kids in going to school.
- Mango Strawberry Cream Dessert
Mango Strawberry Cream Dessert is a delicious dessert you can serve for your family at dinner time. It´s easy to make and you need only 5 ingredients to make this recipe.
© 2013 Thelma Alberts