- Food and Cooking
How Easy and Simple to Make Batura or Fried Bread?
Deep Fried Bread or Bhature (Batura)
Batura is a deep fried puffed bread or tortilla and is usually served with spicy chola or garbanzo beans. The combination of Chola & Batura is tasty and healthy. You will need only a few ingredients to make this great recipe. Also, an easy to satisfy a large or small crowd.
Ingredients for Bhatura Recipe:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour or maida
- 5 tablespoons of sooji or semolina flour for crispness
- 2-3 teaspoons yeast
- 1-2 teaspoon sugar
- 1-2 teaspoon salt
- Half cup of yogurt
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Half cup of lukewarm wate
- You can add boiled and grated potatoes to make the bature extra soft( Optional)
Makes 15-20 Baturas.
Cooking Time: Approximately 1 minute both sides
Preparation Time: 4-5 hours includes preparation of bhature dough and rising time.
Also need these:
- Need Oil to fry.
- Frying Pan
- Extra cup of all purpose flour if you are using rolling pan.
- If you are using torttilla maker you won`t need flour. I use rolling pan most of the time to make tortilla because in that way it taste better. But when I have party or need to make bature, I use Tortilla maker electric machine which I have bought it years ago and still works pretty good.
- You can also make regular whole wheat Puri, whole wheat tortilla or corn tortilla with this machine.
Procedure to Make Bhature
- Add yeast in lukewarm water and let it sit for 8-10 minutes or until the mixture dissolve properly.
- Add sujii, sugar, and salt to the flour and mix well.
- Add oil and yogurt to the flour. Combine well.
- Next, add lukewarm yeast water to the flour and knead into a soft bhatura dough; add more water if needed.
- At the last, cover the dough really good and let it sit in a warm place for 4-5 hours.
- It should become almost double the volume.of the original dough.
- After 4 hours, knead the dough again one more time and divide the dough into 20 equal parts.
- Shape dough into round balls using your palm then place this ball in the middle of the tortilla maker machine.
- Close the lid of the machine and Press the handle down.
- Add oil in a frying pan and heat the oil on high burner.
- You should have at least 2 inch of oil in the frying pan.
- Slip a small portion of dough in oil to see if the oil is ready or not. If the oil is ready it should come up to the top of the oil.
- Open up the lid of the tortilla machine and take the batura out and slip in the frying pan.
- As soon as you slip the Batura or tortilla in the frying pan, need to press it with a ladle. This will make bhatura puff like a ball. Turn the bhattura to the other side; batura should be light creamy brown on both sides. Take the bhatura out and wrap them in paper towel. Paper towel will absorb the extra oil and bature will not be oily.
- Always fry batura in hot oil, otherwise bhatura will be greasy.
Be sure to watch how to make bhatura video to learn about this classic recipe more.
You May Like These Recipes Also
- Healthy Cabbage Recipe with Steamed Rice
Learn how to make healthy cabbage recipe. This is also a good way to help me out to release my stress of dealing pulmonary hypertension by cooking different recipes everyday. See how I do it.
- How to Make Aloo ka Parantha and Eggplant Bhartha
Mouth watering and soft aloo ka paratha with baigan or eggplant bhartha. Simple to make and double in taste.
- How to Cook Delicious Lunch and your own Tortilla at...
Pulmonary hypertension condition is not going to stop me for cooking lunch, steamed rice and home made tortilla. See how I manage it through cooking.