How To Make Blueberry & Pecan Muffin Cake
How Long Will It Take To Make My Blueberry & Pecan Muffin Cake?
Ingredients For Blueberry & Pecan Muffin Cake:
- 275 grams Plain Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinamon
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Half a Teaspoon Salt
- 170 ml Milk
- 75 grams Golden Caster Suagr
- 2 Large Eggs
- 110 grams Block Butter, Melted & then cooled slightly
- 275 grams Blueberries
- FOR THE TOPPING: 75 grams Blueberries
- 1 Heaped Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 75 Grams Pecans, Roughly Chopped
- Icing Sugar for Dusting
How To Make Blueberry & Pecan Muffin Cake:
- To make a start, sift the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Whilst doing this make sure you lift the sieve up quite high to give the flour some airing.
2. Once you have completed this, take another bowl and whisk together the milk, sugar, eggs and melted butter. When you are done put your dry ingredients back into the sieve and sift them into the egg mixture you've just finished. You may wonder why you need to double sift in this way, but this method of double sifting is important as you will not be doing that much mixing.
3. You will then take a large metal spoon and 'fold' the dry ingredients into the wet ones. You should do this as quickly as possible (for about 15 seconds). See the quick demonstration below if you are unsure about how to fold mixtures. As shown in the video below you must be gentle and not beat or stir the mixture. Don't worry about any uneven looking mixture you are creating, it is this that will make the cake nice and light.
4. When you have done this, now quickly fold in the blueberries. (Don't forget to fold and not stir!).
5. Now spoon your mixture in a 20 cm loose-based cake tin like the one below. Once done, sprinkle your remaining blueberries all over, followed by the sugar and then your roughly chopped pecans.
6. Place your blueberry & pecan muffin cake near to the centre of the oven and cook for about an hour. Once done, it should feel springy when you touch it. Let the cake cool for about 30 minutes and only then loosen it all around the cake tin with a knife.
7. Place the cake tin on an upturned bowl and very gently ease down the slides. Then transfer your cake to a wire rack to finish cooling. Dust with a little icing sugar before serving and make sure you store the cake in an airtight tin like the beautiful one below.