How To Make Brown Bread & Whisky Ice-Cream
Cook time: 45 min
Ready in: 45 min
Yields: Serves 4/6 people
Brown Bread & Whisky Ice-Cream Ingredients:
- 20 grams Unsalted butter
- 75 grams Brown bread crumbs
- 50 grams Dark soft brown sugar
- 75 grams Light soft brown sugar
- 400 ml Double cream
- 1 & a half Table spoon of Vanilla Extract
- 5 Tablespoons Whisky
- OR 2 Tablespoons Instant coffee Granules
How to make Brown Bread & Whisky Ice-cream:
- To make your homemade brown bread and whisky ice-cream, melt the butter in a frying pan and throw in the bread crumbs. Saute until golden. Make sure you stir often. Then add the dark brown sugar, pressing with a back of a wooden spoon to break up any lumps. Continue to saute and stir until the sugar has completely caramalized the breadcrumbs. Now pour onto a side plate and leave to one side to cool.
- Whip the cream until loose peaks form. If you are unsure about how to properly whip cream see the video below for a quick demonstration. Whilst you are whipping the cream, add the soft light brown sugar as you go. Now add the vanilla extract and your 5 tablespoons of whisky. Once you've done that, stir in your caramelized breadcrumbs that you created earlier.
(Note: If you prefer the ice-cream to be non-alcoholic you could replace the whisky with coffee. To do this pre-prepare two tablespoons of instant coffee granules dissolved in one tablespoon of boiling water left to cool.)
- Your brown bread and whisky ice-cream mix is now ready! To create your brown bread and whisky homemade ice-cream, now churn in an ice-cream maker. I use on of the 'Andrew James' ice-cream makers as they are reliable and good value for money. The below is particularly good as it comes with a recipe book. Click on the link below to buy one now. If you don't wish to use a ice-cream maker put the mix into a broad, shallow container and still-freeze. To do this properly you will have to beat the mixture about three times during the freezing process in order to break down the small crystals and make the ice-cream nice and smooth. Doing it this way will take about 3 hours.
'Andrew James' Ice-cream maker: