How To Make Cambodian Khmer Sweet Coconut Waffles Recipe
- Serves 4
- Has a Prep Time of 25 minutes
- Has a Cooking Time of only 10 minutes!
Who Doesn't Like Eating Waffles?
Waffles are a famous food throughout the world. There are many different ways to make waffles and they can be eaten as a snack, a breakfast food, or even as a desert.
You can eat them plain, add Maple Syrup, or any Fruit Topping. Add some Home Made Coconut Ice Cream with Caramelized Bananas on top with a little whipped cream, and you have an irresistible desert!
This recipe is a Southeast Asian Khmer Cambodian Recipe that was influenced by the French during the Colonial Period. Of course, as Cambodians always do, they made a recipe into their own using Coconuts which are native to the region!
Let's take a look at the Ingredients:
How To Prepare
Break the eggs and separate the whites from the yolks.
1 1/2 cup (200 g)
1/2 cup (125 ml)
Palm Sugar or Dark Brown Sugar
1/2 cup (100 g)
Just a Pinch!
Sweet Coconut Waffle Recipe
- Preheat and Lightly Grease a Waffle Iron
- Break the Eggs and Separate the whites from the yolks.
- Combine the Rice Flour, Coconut Milk, Sugar and Egg Yolks in a bowl and mix until just combined; don't over mix and thin out the batter!
- Whisk in the Egg Whites and the Salt until stiff peaks form and fold gently into the waffle mixture.
- Cook the waffles in the Waffle Iron until they are golden brown and crisp.
Add your favorite topping (mine is the Home Made Coconut Ice Cream with Caramelized Bananas as mentioned in the link above!)
Chanang Tay! (That Tastes Good!)
More Cambodian Recipes by J.S.Matthew
- How To Make Homemade Coconut Ice Cream with Caramelized Bananas
Ice Cream is a delicious treat but did you know that you can make it from home? That's right! This Hub Article will guide you through the steps to make Delicious Coconut Ice Cream with Caramelized Bananas.
- How To Make Sweet Soybean Coconut Cake Desert Recipe
A Delicious Soybean Cake Recipe that makes a great companion to Homemade Coconut Ice Cream with Caramelized Bananas! Follow this recipe and be delighted by a Sweet Southeast Asian Cambodian Khmer Desert!
- About Cambodia, Srok Khmer: Facts, Fun, and Photos: A Guide To Cambodian Culture
Cambodia has a long and interesting history, including one of the worst atrocities to ever happen to a single country. The Khmer Rouge killed millions of innocent people in this genocide. This article includes recent pictures that my wife took on he
- How To Make Asian Cambodian Pickled Vegetables In 24 Hours
Want to learn how to make Pickles in only 24 Hours? This recipe is easy to use and takes less than a half hour to prepare, but needs to sit overnight to marinate. Unlike most pickled vegetables recipes, this recipe does not require you to go through
- How To Make Healthy Cambodian Khmer Raw Vegetable, Fruit and Herb Plate Recipe
Sick of the same old salad? Want a new Healthy Recipe? This Recipe combines Raw Vegetables and Fruit with a selection of Fine Herbs and Spices. It is also a healthy dish because of the Ingredients used.
- How To Make Honey Glazed Chicken: A Khmer Southeast Asian Recipe
Traditionally, this dish is cooked in an earthenware pot. These pots are usually hand-made in the Kampong Chang region. The pot is placed in a small barbecue to add a smoky flavor to the dish. The herbs and spices flavors are arroused by the content
- A List of Authentic Ingredients for Khmer Cambodian Food With Recipes
Cambodian recipes are usually not written down, but rather passed from generation to generation by showing children how to prepare these dishes in their own kitchens. It is a great cultural significance and bonding ritual within many Asian communitie
- Southeast Asian Water Festival in Lowell, MA: Photo Journey
The Southeast Asian Water Festival in Lowell, MA is held on the third Saturday of August every year. This article is a display of the events through Original Photos (Are You in one of them?) and descriptions of the Festival's Vendors and Events...
- How To Make Green Mango, Chili Coriander, and Tamarind Asian Dipping Sauces
In the first article of this series, we explored the Basic Ingredients for Cooking Cambodian-Southeast Asian Food. One of the most common foods found in Cambodian, and many other Southeast Asian homes, that are easy to make and inexpensive, are Dippi
- 2 Quick Appetizer Recipes: How To Make Shrimp Fritters and Sweet Potato Rolls with Ginger
Are you looking for quick, easy and delicious appetizer recipes? Then look no further! This article has 2 recipes: Shrimp Fritters and a recipe for Sweet Potato Rolls with Ginger. The recipes come from Cambodia, Southeast Asia and were influenced by
- How To Make Healthy Fresh Spring Salad Summer Rolls With Shrimp Rice Paper Recipe
Many Asian cultures eat Spring Rolls (often called Salad or Summer Rolls) but this recipe comes from Cambodia, Southeast Asia. You can add shrimp or omit it depending on your desired taste.
- How To Make 3 Basic Cambodian Khmer Curry Dishes for Chicken, Seafood, or Meat and A Tangy Ham and V
One of the most enjoyed dishes in Cambodia, Southeast Asia, India and all over the world, is Curry. Curry has a very distinct aroma and taste. You can season Pork, Chicken, Beef, or Lamb with Curry, and these recipes are easy to make and don't take
- Learn How To Speak and Write Cambodian: An Introduction To The Khmer Language
An introduction to Khmer, the language of Cambodia. Includes pronunciation, character/letter writing, original photos and drawings. This is the best guide for a beginner who wants to learn how to read, write, and speak Khmer Cambodian.