How To Make Chocolate Orange Biscuits
How Long Will It Take To Make My Chocolate & Orange Biscuits?
Ingredients For Chocolate & Orange Biscuits:
- 125 grams Spreadable Butter
- 175 grams Golden Caster Sugar
- 225 grams Plain Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 75 grams Dark Chocolate, Chopped
- The Zest of 2 Oranges
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Juice
- Extra Caster Sugar For Dusting
- YOU WILL ALSO NEED: 2 Large Baking Sheets, greased
Make Your Homemade Chocolate & Orange Biscuits:
- Before you start anything else, preheat your oven to 180 degrees. The, beat the butter and sugar together with a wooden spoon until they are completely combined. You will then sift both the flour and baking powder straight into your mixture. After this, add the rest of the ingredients and simply work the mixture together until you create quite a stiff paste. You should still be using your wooden spoon for this.
2. Once you have completed this, sprinkle some flour over the work surface you are using and also some on a rolling pin. Now roll out your biscuit paste so it becomes about 1 cm thick. Once done, take a 5 cm biscuit cutter like the one below and cut out the biscuits and place them on to the greased baking sheets. Bake your biscuits for roughly 20 minutes or when they have become a nice and golden in colour.
3. When you take them out of the oven, leave them to cool still on the baking sheets for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack. To add the perfect finishing touch sprinkle with a dusting of golden caster sugar and store your lush homemade chocolate and orange biscuits in an airtight biscuit tin like the excellent quality one below.