How to Make Drunk Chicken
About Drunk Chicken
I first came across this recipe when I was staying in Bulgaria and I was served this dish by a lovely and kind-hearted grandma who was very eager for me to take this recipe away with me. This recipe is simple, yet highly customisable. You can use your preferred cuts of meat and pick whichever type of beer that you like best. Scroll down for the ingredients and the instructions. If you try this recipe, please do comment on what ingredients you used and how well it went, enjoy!
- 1 Kg Potatoes
- 500ml Beer
- 70g Butter
- 250 -500g Chicken
- Mixed Spices and Salts to Taste
- Cut potatoes into chunks, place in a deep oven dish.
- Cut chicken into chunks and add to the potatoes.
- Add your chosen spices and salts, mix in well.
- Fleck butter over the top of the chicken and potatoes.
- Pour in all of the beer.
- Put in the oven at 250C (480F) for 40 minutes. Serve.
Hints and Tips
This recipe is highly customisable; if you prefer to have chicken thighs or drumsticks you can keep them whole and cook them for longer so that the meat practically falls off the bone. You can eat the potatoes whole, but if you prefer you can mash them prior to serving.
You can also use light ale if you prefer rather than beer.
What Do You Think?
Share Your Opinion
Do you like to cook with alcohol?
© 2017 VerityPrice