- Food and Cooking
How To Make Easy Apple Crumble
Apple crumble is an favorite, and its something that not every one knows how to make. It is a very tasty dish, it tastes great and it smells amazing. I am not the type of cook that can be bothered to weigh out ingredients, and faff around in the kitchen. I have four kids under the age of 12, they want to eat, they want it to taste good and they really do not care if I weigh out the ingredients or not! English
After using a lot of recipes on the web, I finally made my own that is so simple that any one can cook this. This easy apple crumble recipe tastes so good, and if you want to add a litte spice kick to it you can add the optional spoon of cinnamon powder like I do. Served with a side of custard, and a nice cup of tea this dish is fantastic and will have you feeling comforted.
For many, apple crumble is a memory of the past when we used to visit our grandparents houses and good old Grandma had prepared the sunday roast and was ready to serve the desert of apple crumble up! I know it is one of my memories. Now, fast forward a few years until recently the only time I ever got my hands on a dish of apple crumble was when I went to the local pub and orered a dish after my eat all you can carvery! So lets get cooking!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup porridge oats, any brand
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 apples, any apples, choose your favorite!
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder, optional
Simple Apple Crumble Ingredients
So there you go. An easy how to make apple crumble recipe to add to your kitchen cookbook. This is a dish that I turn to a lot and because it is so simple to make, I actually remember the ingredients off the top of my head now! The kids love to help out with making the biscuit crumbs, and I love to eat this dish! It is time to get cooking.
- Peel and chop the apples and add them to the bottom of an oven proof dish. sprinkle 2 spoons of sugar over the apples.
- Mix the flour the butter and the sugar all together. Get your hands messy! This part Is great fun and my kids love to join in. You need to mix it and use your fingers to make the mixture into biscuit crumbs.
- Sprinkle the biscuit crumbs on top of the apples, and then sprinkle the cup of porridge oats on top of the crumble. Put the spoon of cinnamon on top of the mix(this is optional and will give the dish a little kick. It is now ready to place inside the oven!
- Wait for 30 minutes until it is cooked, note this dish tastes great when you serve it with custard and it is super easy to make. Believe me, if I can do this, so can you!