Simple and Easy Ways To Make Garlic Sauce (Toum)- The Arabic Style
GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE - (Arabic Toum)
Arabic Garlic Sauce, which they pronounce as "Toum" is one of the most delicious sauce you will ever have in the Middle East. I was born and i lived in Saudi Arabia all my life and this is one sauce i could never eat anything without. This sauce basically goes with anything. As weird as it sounds, sometimes if i don't want gravy, i would actually mix rice with Garlic sauce and have it instead. Yes i know.. "yuck", right? But no seriously, that's how tasty the Arabic Garlic Sauce is. So now i will tell you the ingredients you need to put and the step by step procedure to make Garlic Sauce fast and easy.
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 egg white
- Juice of 1 lemon
- A good pinch of salt
- 1 cup of iced water of which you will use around 2 tbsp
- 1 cup of olive oil
1. Take the cloves of garlic and put them in a blender and blend for about 3 minutes(or more until the garlic is in tiny bits)
2. Break an egg, remove the egg yolk with hand or any other way you prefer. Put some oil on a pain and heat it and put the egg white on the frying pan. Once you have the egg fried and still white, toss it into the blender along with the now blended garlic, which should be in tiny bits by now after blending it for 3 minutes or more. And now blend again for about less than a minute.
3. Squeeze the juice out of one lemon all the way in a glass, then slowly pour the lemon juice in the blender and blend again for about a minute so that the garlic, the egg white and the lemon juice are now properly mixed together.
4. Take a pinch of salt and flick it around the mixture in the blender.
5. Pour 2 tablespoon of water into the mixture and blend again for a little while.
6. Finally pour some olive oil into the mixture and blend for about 2 mins(or until you observe a thick creamy garlic sauce)
7. SERVE AND ENJOY THAT THICK CREAMY GARLIC SAUCE(TOUM) WITH ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING YOU LIKE. LET YOUR TASTE BUDS GO CRAZY!