- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
How To Make Homemade Vinaigrette
Homemade vinaigrette is a great healthy dressing for a salad. Usually anything you buy at the store has a lot of preservatives in it, so making it at home can be much healthier with less sodium. Most recipes call for 1 to 3 parts vinegar to oil. I don’t like it that oily, so my recipe calls for equal parts of each. The best thing to do is add little of each at a time to get the consistency you want.
4 oz. olive oil
4 oz. red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic (minced) (optional)
1/8 teaspoon (or a pinch) crushed red pepper flakes
¼ teaspoons cracked black pepper
Sugar to taste (pinch) (optional)
1. In a small bowl whisk together oil and vinegar until emulsified.
2. Add garlic and whisk together.
3. Add red and black pepper and whisk.
4. Taste and add sugar if too bitter.
5. Serve on a salad with tomatoes, red onion and cheese; also great for marinades.
More Recipes By Edgar Arkham
- Homemade Deviled Eggs Recipe
Here is a recipe for easy homemade deviled eggs.They are great for a party and simple to make. Enjoy!
- Easy Homemade Potato Salad
This is my mother's recipe for potato salad, and it is far better than anything bought at the store. Enjoy.
- Homemade Thousand Island Dressing
Most of us buy salad dressing from the store not realizing we can make it at home and make it taste even better than the store bought stuff. This is my recipe for Thousand Island. Enjoy!