How To Make Marmalade Bread & Butter Pudding
Marmalade Bread & Butter Pudding Ingredients:
- 12 Thin slices of white bread, Crusts removed
- 125 grams Butter, (Extra for greasing)
- 175 grams Sultanas
- Grated zest of 2 Lemons
- 125 grams Sugar
- 300 ml Semi-Skinned Milk
- 300 ml Double Cream
- 2 Large eggs
How to make Marmalade Bread & Butter Pudding:
- To get started spread one side only of each slice of bread with a thick layer of butter. Then on top of that spread another generous layer of your favourite marmalade. Then cut each slice of bread in half diagonally. Now lightly butter a 1.7 litre (or 3 pint) baking dish and arrange 12 of the triangles (make sure you don't use all of them) in the bottom of the dish, buttered-side down.
2. Now sprinkle over half of the sultanas, lemon zest and sugar. After that top it off with the remaining bread, buttered side up. Then again, sprinkle over the remaining sultanas, lemon zest and sugar.
3. Now beat together the milk, cream and eggs. When you've done this strain over the bread completely. You can now leave it for roughly one hour so that the bread can absorb some of the liquid. Now's the time to pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees.
4. Now place your marmalade bread & butter pudding into the oven and bake for about 40 minutes or until the bread slices on the top of the pudding are golden and crisp.
Now time to tuck in!
Marmalade Bread & Butter Pudding Nutrition:
|Serving size: 6|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Saturated fat 29 g||145%|
|Unsaturated fat 19 g|
|Sodium 484 mg||20%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|