- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
How To Make Rice On Stove Top
Learn How To Make Rice on Top Of Stove
Cooking rice can be confusing to many. This method is a tried and tested method with good results if you're intending on cooking your rice on top of stove.
1 Cup Rice
2 Cups Water
1. Take the 2 cups of water in a vessel and put it to boil.
2. In the meantime, wash your cup of rice 2 or 3 times to rinse away the starch.
3. When the water starts boiling nicely, put the rinsed grains of rice into the vessel using a spoon.
4. Stir the rice and wait for the water to boil again. Keep it to boil for 3-4 minutes.
5. Off the flame and close the vessel with a tight lid.
6. After 3-4 minutes, open lid and test some grains of rice (preferably from bottom of vessel) to see if it is cooked properly. It should be soft like how it is when you eat.
7. If not, on flame again and let rice cook till water starts boiling softly again inside the vessel.
8. Off flame and test rice grains again.
9. If done, your rice is ready. If you have used more cups of water, you can strain them off using a strainer.
10. Keep for 4-5 minutes. Rice is ready to be served!
Recipes you would like:
- Curd and Sesame Potatoes - A Yummy Recipe for Curd and Potato Lovers!
A yummylicious recipe with curd and potatoes. Also included on this page - Lassi recipes and Lemon curd recipe video.
- Diced Chicken And Peppers - An Easy Chicken Recipe
A simple recipe for diced chicken with peppers.
- Basic Cooking Recipes | Basic Cookery
Basic recipes for those who are new at cooking!
- Simply Delicious - Best Spicy Indian Tomato Curry Recipe
A yummy and easy tomato curry recipe for those people who love spicy Indian cuisine.
- 5 Delicious, Easy-to-make, Healthy Kerala Breakfast Recipes
If you are on the lookout for some new breakfast recipes - why not try one of these South Indian delicacies? They are healthy, easy-to-make, and super delicious!
- Best Szechwan Meatballs Recipes
On this page you will get some of the best Szechuan meatballs recipe. Apart from that, also see some other popular Szechwan recipes.
- 10 Different Types of Mouth Watering Kebabs and Their Recipes
Yummy kebabs along with their recipes.