How To Make Shrimp Scampi Kabobs on the Grill
Grilled shrimp are a pleasant treat at any cookout. Cook them on a skewer with some green onions and red sweet peppers for a convenient outdoor dish that tastes as good as it looks. Follow the recipe below to make shrimp scampi kabobs on your grill.
- 2 lbs fresh (or previously frozen but thawed) medium shrimp in their shells
- 12 green onions; cut to 1" lengths
- 2 big sweet red peppers; cut into 1" pieces
- 6 garlic cloves; minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup (4 tbsp) margarine or butter
- 2 tbsp cooking oil (preferably olive oil)
- 2 tsp finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- (8) 10" skewers ( If you are going to use wooden skewers soak them in water for a half-hour before use so they won't burn on the grill)
- Without removing the tails peel and remove the vein from the shrimp.
- Heat the butter and oil over medium-high heat in a small saucepan until the butter is melted. Stir to combine. Add the minced garlic, and let it cook for 2 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Stir in your shredded lemon peel, parsley, white wine, and black pepper. Set the saucepan aside.
- Thread the skewers with an alternation of shrimp, sweet red pepper and onion pieces.
- Using half of the mixture in your saucepan, brush each kabob.
- If You're Using A Charcoal Grill: Place the Shrimp Scampi Kabobs on the grill rack over medium heat, and grill them for about 7 minutes until the shrimp become opaque. Halfway through cooking, turn the kabobs and brush them lightly with the garlic mixture from the saucepan. If You're Using A Gas Grill: Preheat your grill, then reduce the heat to medium. Place the kabobs on a grill rack over the heat. Cover and cook as instructed above.
- Serve and Enjoy! Align your Grilled Shrimp Scampi Kabobs on a large platter, drizzle them with the remaining garlic sauce, and watch them disappear!
Thanks for taking the time to check out my recipe. Please let me know what you think by rating it or leaving a comment below. I hope you find this and the many other BBQ recipes here on HubPages helpful. Go ahead and fire up that grill, and have yourself a great day!
- Deep Fried Pork Chops on a Stick Recipe
Add a little fun to mealtime tonight and put your dinner on a stick! These deep-fried pork chops are quick and easy to make, so bring a little taste of the state fair right into your back yard! 6 boneless...
- How To Increase Hub Earnings With Comments
If your an ambitious hubber like me, it may seem like your adsense pennies are not trickling in fast enough. Hubpages, in my experiences is by far the best site for a freelance writer to gain exposure, and...