- Food and Cooking
How To Make Small Blueberry Pancakes
Ingredients For Small Blueberry Pancakes:
- 115 grams Self-raising flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 40 grams Castor Sugar
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- 120 ml Skimmed Low-Fat Milk
- 15 ml Vegtable Oil
- 115 grams Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
- Maple Syrup to Serve, Optional
Making Your Small Blueberry Pancakes:
- To start sift the flour and the pinch of salt into a bowl. Then add the sugar. Create a well in the middle of your mix and stir in the beaten eggs.
- After you have done this, gradually blend in a little bit of milk to create a smooth batter. Then whisk in the rest of the milk and continue to whisk for roughly 2-3 minutes. After you have done this, allow the batter to now rest for about 20-30 minutes.
3. Now to create small pancakes as opposed to the usual larger ones, probably the easiest and most simple way is to heat a few drops of your vegetable oil into a small pancake pan like the one below. Then pour on about 30 ml (or 2 tablespoons) of the batter into each of the slots in your pancake pan.
4. Cook for a good 2-3 minutes. When the batter is almost (but not completely) set on top, sprinkle over 15-30 ml (1-2 tablespoons) of the blueberries. As soon as the base is loose and golden brown, turn the pancake over.
5. Cook on the second side for about 1 minute only. You do not need to cook on this side for as long as most of the cooking has been done by now. You have now made your first small blueberry pancake! Slide the pancake on to a plate and keep warm by covering it while you make about another 17 small blueberry pancakes.
6. Serve drizzled with a few fresh blueberries, maple syrup and/or some lemon wedges for squeezing onto the small pancakes.