How To Make St. Paddy's Day Jello Shots
These days it's all about going green, and that especially holds true on St. Patty's Day! This year in addition to the green beer, why not make some fun green St. Patty's Day Jello shots. Jello Shots are an inexpensive treat your friends are gonna absolutely love!
Here I'll give you two easy recipes for green Jello shots that will make this St. Patty's Day one to remember (unless you eat too many)! I'll also share with you some Jello shot tips and tricks including; how to make shamrock-shaped Jello shots.
Irish Whiskey Sour Jello Shots
Ingredients: (makes about 28 1 oz shots or 14 2 oz shots)
- 1 small (3 oz) box of lime jello
- 1 small (3 oz) box of lemon jello
- 1/2 cup Irish Whiskey
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Stir the lemon and lime Jello powders into the boiling water to dissolve.
- Stir in the cold water.
- Add the Irish Whiskey and stir.
- Pour the liquid into jello shot containers
- Chill. Refrigerate for about 4 hours or until your jello shots are firm.
Irish Kamikaze Jello Shots
Ingredients: (makes about 28 1oz shots or 14 2oz shots)
- 1 large (6oz) box of lime Jello
- 10oz Absolut Citron (or another citrus flavored vodka)
- 4oz blue curacao
- 2oz lime juice
- Stir the lime jello powder into the boiling water until it's dissolved.
- Allow to cool. Let the liquid cool to room temperature, but don't chill it in the refrigerator, because we don't want the gelatin to set up before we add the alcohol!
- Stir in your lime juice, blue curacao and vodka.
- Pour the mixture into Jello shot cups.
- Refrigerate your Jello Shots for about 4 hours or until they are firm.
Shamrock Shaped Jello Shots
Want to get a bit more creative with your jello shots? Try using cookie cutters to make the shots into fun little shapes. In keeping with the theme of St. Patty's Day, shamrock-shaped Jello shots would be a great idea! Here's how to make them:
- Complete steps 1-3 as outlined in the recipes above.
- Pour your alcohol and Jello mixture onto a cookie sheet or baking pan. Pouring the liquid to a depth of about 1 inch will work well.
- Chill. Refrigerate your tray of Jello for about 4 hours or until the gelatin is firmly set.
- Use your cookie cutter to cut the Jello into shamrock-shaped jello shots.
Caution: Because the alcohol is housed within the Jello it may take a bit longer for the alcohol to affect you. Eat Jello shots moderately, and as always never drive after consuming alcohol.
Quick Tip: Don't have any green Jello? Mix together blue and yellow Jello to make green Jello, or add green food coloring to clear jello.
What do you think? Do you have a better recipe? Do you have another fun idea for St. Patty's Day parties? I'd love to hear your feedback. Please leave a comment below, and have a fun, safe St. Patrick's Day!