How To Make Strawberry Tartlets Without Baking
Have you ever tried making strawberry tartlets without baking? No? Well, it´s time to try it. You can make this recipe for 2 or more persons depending on how many you need. You don´t have to bake as you only have to buy a prebaked tartlet crusts from the shop. This recipe is good especially if you want to have an easy but delicious dessert for your meal. No need to bake but you have to heat the jelly you needed to put on top of the strawberries.
I used red wine jelly for glazing the strawberry tartlets as I still had the bottle of red wine jelly in my fridge. I did not like it for spreading on my bread and so I thought why not use it for my baking. This red wine jelly was a gift made by my creative and nice brother-in-law.
You don´t have to use red wine jelly for glazing your tartlets. You can use another fruit jelly for the glaze.
Pat Dried Strawberries
- 8 pieces Tartlet crusts, 1 package
- 200 gram Strawberries, hulled, washed and sliced
- 6-10 tablespoons Red wine Jelly or other fruit jelly
- a few brown and white chocolate shavings, for decorations
- 4-6 tablespoon strawberry marmalade
You Tube Video
Kitchen Utensils Needed!
- cooking pot
- sieve or colander
- chopping board
- kitchen paper
How To Fill The TartletsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Step by Step
- Hull and wash the fresh strawberries. Pat them dry with a kitchen paper. Cut the strawberries in half or in the desired sizes.
- Put the pre-baked tartlet crusts on your working table or in a huge plate and spread strawberry marmalade on top of the tartlets by using a tablespoon or a brush.
- Arrange the sliced strawberries on top of the spread marmalade. You can put them the way you like it.
- Heat the red wine jelly or any fruit jelly of your choice and a bit of water in a cooking pot until it looks smooth.
- Spread the red wine jelly by using a brush on top of the strawberry tartlets. A silicone brush is what I always use.
- Then you can decorate the sides of the tartlets with chocolate shavings, almonds or any thing you like for decorations. You can decorate the tartlets on top with some chocolates or just leave them like that.
- Enjoy your dessert with a dollop of cream!
Ready To Serve Strawberry Tartlet
- You don´t have to use red wine jelly. Instead you can use any kind of light color like peach or pineapple jelly for the glaze.
- You can spread vanilla pudding or cream cheese instead of strawberry jam.
- Always pat dry the strawberries with a kitchen paper so that there´s no liquid coming to the tartlets besides the jelly.
- You can use mixed fruits instead of only strawberries for these tartlets.
- You can always store pre-baked tartlet crusts without fillings as they are easy to make when an unexpected visitor will come to your house.
- With this pre-baked tartlet crusts, you can fill the favorite fruits every kids love to eat when celebrating a childs birthday party.
- If you have time and want to make your own tartlet crusts, below is the link for you to follow.
Making Your Own Tartlet Crusts
Jelly / Glaze
Red Wine Jelly
Nutella or Chocolate Spread
Oranges / Tangerines
Strawberry Farm Open For The Public
- How to Store Strawberries in the Freezer
Summer time is harvesting time for strawberries. This article is about how to store your fresh strawberries in the freezer.
Summer is fast approaching and it is time for me to harvest some strawberries in a strawberry farm open for the public. I love harvesting strawberry with my friend and her small children for our own enjoyment. While harvesting, we could eat some of the strawberries without them being counted.
We just go there in the strawberry farm, the owner weight our bowl or basket before we go to the fields. When we have finished harvesting, the weight of the bowl or basket will be deducted to the kilos of strawberries we have to pay. Of course, self harvesting strawberries is more fun than just buying these fruits in the market. Besides that, it is cheap.
Have you harvested strawberries in a farm for fun? I hope you have. Thanks for reading this hub. Enjoy your day!
What kind of fruits would you love to have in your pre-baked tartlets?
© 2015 Thelma Alberts