How To Make Sweet Southern Corn Pudding
Before I lived in Virginia, I had never heard of Corn Pudding. At first, the thought of corn in pudding sounded very odd. But once I tried it, I was delighted to know that it really does taste good! It uses creamed corn, which is sweet and creamy in itself. Add the rest of the ingredients, and it is a treat for your tastebuds.
Years ago, a friend of mine had some of this corn pudding while at work. A co-worker of his brought it to share, and my friend liked it so much that he got the recipe from her. I ended up with it, and made it many times over the years. Once I moved up North several years ago, the recipe got shuffled away, and it wasn't until I was going through my recipes a few weeks ago that I rediscovered it. I made it, and it brought back lots of memories.
Please rate my recipe
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45-60 minutes
Yield: About 3 1/2 cups, 3 servings of just over 1 cup each
- 1/2-3/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (about 14.75 oz) cream style corn
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients together in a casserole dish (or any other oven-proof dish)
- Cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour, approximately. It is done once it is fairly solid and thick. If it still looks a little milky, it may look fine once you take it out and let it sit for a few minutes. But if it is still too watery in the center, leave in the oven for another 10-15 minutes
Have you ever had Corn Pudding?
A Plate of Corn Pudding
This Corn Dessert Would be Refreshing on a Hot Summer Day
- Easy Mais Con Yelo (Sweet Corn on Shaved Ice) Dessert Recipe
Sweet corn on shaved ice is a pretty easy way to cool down on a hot summer's day. Corn in can is something nearly everyone has in their cupboards so it's can be prepared anytime. Read on. :)
© 2013 Kathryn