- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
How to Make Vegetable Bullets (Crispy Vegetable Snacks)
Delicious, Crunchy, and Nutritious Evening Snacks
Looking for an easy yet delicious and healthy finger food for children? Certainly, vegetable bullets are your option.
I am referring here to the crunchy and tasty fake bullets! These bullets are filled with veggies and carry a lot of nutrients.
An Overview of Making Vegetable Bullets:
Firstly, you have to make a dough with veggies, flour, and spices. Next, make bullet-shapes with the dough. Next, fry them in oil. Vegetable bullets are ready!
Munch them hot with a sauce.
Now, I share the detailed recipe with you.
- 2 cups potato, boiled, mashed
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup beet root, grated
- 1/4 cup cabbage, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh peas, crushed
- 1/2 inch ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green chillies, minced
- 3 tsp custard powder
- 1/8 piece nutmeg powder, crushed, optional
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 4 tsp all purpose flour/maida
- salt, as per taste
- oil, for deep frying
- 4 tbsp bread crumbs, for dusting
- 1 1/2 tbsp fine rava/semolina, for dusting
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Vegetable Bullets
- Make a coarse paste of green chilies, ginger, garlic and peas. Keep aside.
- Combine mashed potato, grated carrot and beetroot, chopped cabbage, custard powder, all purpose flour, pepper powder, nutmeg powder, salt and the coarse paste.
- No need to add water. Prepare a firm dough.
- Divide the dough into 15 equal portions. Shape each portion like a bullet.
- Keep ready all the bullet shapes.
- Mix bread crumbs and semolina in a tray.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Dust each bullet with the bread crumbs-semolina mix.
- Drop 5-6 such bullets into the medium hot oil.
- Fry them for 3-4 minutes, or till they turn brownish color.
- Remove them, and place on a paper towel. This way, make all the bullets.
- Serve these hot bullets with tomato sauce. Happy eating!!
Nutritional Information of Vegetable bullets
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 3 g||5%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 28 g||9%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 4 g||16%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Sodium 69 mg||3%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|