How To Make Vegetable Fried Rice At Home
Vegetable Fried Rice
How To Make Vegetable Fried Rice
For years I have been trying to master this recipe. I have always wanted to make my fried rice taste just like the fried rice which you get from the Chinese take away stores or as we call them in New Zealand fish and chip shops. I have never been able to get it to taste quite the same however I have improved the taste over time and tried many different things to alter the taste. To make this recipe you will need to boil around 1 cup of rice the night before preferably however if you don't have time to do this you could spread your rice out on a tray and put it in the freezer for 30 minutes or so to dry it out. You could also spread it out on an oven tray and put it in the oven on a lowish head 100 degrees Celsius is an ideal temperature. Now this recipe is completely vegan however if you wanted you could add some chicken, shrimps, beef or pork. This is what they usually put in the fried rice that you get at the fish and chip shop. I used a wok to make this fried rice however you don't need to use a wok you could use a large frying pan which is what I usually use but I thought I would get the wok out especially for the video.
My Vegetable Fried Rice
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 0-1 cup peas, frozen
- 1 Carrot, Chopped
- 1/2 Tablespoon, Soy Sauce
- 1 Garlic Clove, Minced or Chopped Finely
- 1/2 Teapsoon Ginger, Ground
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Stock Cube Chicken/vegetable, optional
Homemade Fried Rice Instructions
- First you want to boil 1 cup of white rice the night before follow the instructions on the packet to see how long you should boil your rice however if you do not have time to do this you can put it in the freezer on a tray or put it in the oven on a low temperature for around 30 minutes.
- Now you want to heat your wok on a medium heat and start by frying your vegetables. I added my onions and carrots first and then my peas a little bit later.
- To speed up the process you can add a 1/4 cup of water to your wok/frying pan and and cover it until the water has evaporated completely.
- Now that your vegetables are cooked through its time to add your rice in. Once you have added your rice keep moving the rice around because it tends to stick a little.
- Now that you have been frying your rice for a few minutes it is time to start seasoning it. In this recipe I added 1/2 a teaspoon of salt, 1/2 a tablespoon of sugar, 1/2 a teaspoon of ground ginger and around 1/2 a tablespoon of soy sauce. You could also add a chicken or vegetable stock cube and a little white pepper. A little sesame oil could be nice as well. Just play around with the seasoning until you get the flavor right. Now it is time to serve your fried rice .
So thanks for reading my hub and don't forget to watch the video I have included below which shows you how to make it step by step. Thanks