How To Make a Perfect Quiche for Under $10
One of the truly beautiful things about making quiche is that, not only is it delicious, but easy to make and cheap as well. This is a recipe for a simple Bacon & Cheese Quiche that costs less than $10, and only takes 1 hour to cook!
Ingredients (and appr. cost):
- 1 Store-bought Pie Shell - Appr. $2.25
- 9 Large Eggs - .20 cents apiece - $1.80
- 1/2 pint Whipping Cream - $2.00
- 1 Package Bacon - $3.00
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheese - Appr. 75 cents
Total Cost: $9.80
- Preperation of Quiche -
- Remove bacon from package and cut into small pieces. Saute in skillet until cooked and remove to drain on a paper towel. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine eggs, whipping cream, cheese and bacon and mix by hand until well-blended. Season with salt and pepper as desired (about a pinch each).
- Carefully pour this mixture into the pie shell and place on cookie-sheet on the center rack of a pre-heated oven.
- Cook at 350-375 degrees for about 50 minutes or until the quiche sets up in the middle.
- Once cooked thoroughly, remove from oven and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Serve immediately or store covered in the fridge for up to three days.
This simple and affordable quiche recipe is just perfect for a lazy family brunch, a quick mid-week dinner, holiday breakfasts or any other occasion that may pop up. Preperation time is only a few minutes allowing the cook to spend time with the guests before the meal. One of these quiche will feed up to four people comfortably, making it a very affordable menu item. You can use this recipe for any other combination of ingredients such as ham, asparagus, spinach, mushrooms, sausage, tomato, etc... I hope you found this recipe useful and Bon Apetit!