Saving Money on Groceries Weekly
You can cut your grocery bill
Pick Produce in Season and When on Sale
Saving Money and Time
You can save money and cut your grocery bill by making a few modifications. Most of you know how to save money on food at the grocery store. but often get sidetracked by your own impulses. The displays can be very enticing and it very easy to pick up an item without worrying about the cost. If you plan ahead and follow that plan you will start to see a reduction in your grocery bill. Next time at the grocery store you may surprise yourself by saving a fair amount of dollars. Plan out your weekly meals by reading the ads, buying food specials and cooking at least two meals at a time. Cooking ahead not only saves money but saves valuable time. And so many dishes taste better the next day while the seasonings marinate.
Shopping Rules To Save Money
- Plan ahead all your meals and favorite snacks. Once a week grocery shopping saves money and helps avoid impulses.I am sure you are aware of dashing out to the store for one item can often turn into ten. It is okay to buy a few special treats, but focus on healthy choices.
- Plan at least two plant based meals for the week. The benefits of eating vegetables and grains create a healthy eating pattern, saving money and protecting the environment. Make whole wheat pasta with veggies, a large salad with an assortment of vegetables are just two ideas.
- When you find favorite staples on sale at the store, stock up on them. For example when whole grain pasta is on sale buy several packages as it has a long shelf life. Stock up on favorite toilet paper, paper towels and other necessities when the prices are low.
- Always buy produce that is in season and make soups that you can have for lunches and dinner throughout the week. Check what veggies freeze well for future meals.
- Buy cheese in large sizes as it keeps for a long time in the fridge when wrapped well.You can even freeze many types of cheese.
- Avoid: chips, cookies, crackers, frozen prepared meals, white sugar and white flour products. This alone will save you some dollars and help you watch your weight and enjoy good health.
- If your family loves ice cream--stock up on favorite flavors when on sale. Everyone deserves a treat.
Pasta is very economical
Cooking and Planning Ahead
- Make a snack of wheat chex, small pretzels and raw nuts.
- Keep fresh fruit cut in the refrigerator for snacks during the week.
- Freeze extra berries that you have bought on sale in plastic bags or air-tight containers.
- Use meat and chicken sparingly--they can be stretched in amazing ways.
- Make a pasta casserole with tomatoes, onions, garlic and just a little chicken. Cover over with low fat cheese. Bake and divide into several dinners. Freeze and enjoy at a later date.
- Gather up all the vegetables you have at the end of the week and make soup. Add some brown rice and you have a meal.
- Eggs are an exellent source of protein. Add some veggies and you have a meal.
- Be aware of all you have in the refrigerator and use any leftovers.--better than throwing them out.
- Make your own salad dressings with oil and vinegar which is much cheaper and better than store-bought.
- Make marinated salads that keep. Take cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, broccoli and marinate them in your own salad dressing and enjoy for several days.
Summing Up Saving on Groceries
Once you have learned how to save money on food with less work, it will become a happy habit. You can reach into your freezer and enjoy one of many dinners that you have frozen ahead. Planning ahead will turn out to be a joy in your life while saving time and money. Wait till you see how much money you have saved with just a few changes.