- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients»
- Fruit Ingredients
How To Use Cucumber As A Mild Laxative That Cleanse The Bowel
The Colon Will Take Care Of Itself
They are many ways in which you can cleanse your bowels. This is because toxins that builds up in the body needs to be eliminate via, the colon. One thing that is special about this organ is that should it fail to work properly, the build-up of toxin in the body will increase many times. That is why our bowels need to be properly cleansed in the first place. How long will it take to cleanse the bowel? Two days? Seven days? Thirty days? Except on very rare medical condition, your bowel can be cleansed within a day or twenty-four hours. They is no need for drugs. Drugs can bring a relief, but comes with side effects.
Dehydrating the body of much need water is one side effect. The body needs a lot of water. At most 60% of our body is made up of water. This needs to be replace regularly due to losses in saliva, urine, stool, sweat and the need of water in digesting solid foods. Using drugs to unclouded the bowel will dehydrate the body; and the water intake from beverages, ordinary water, etc will not properly balanced the body fluid. The drinking of additional water serves to call the liver into an unscheduled work. Picking the bowel will in the meanwhile houseclean the colon. Naturally, the colon is self cleansing should it get dirty. Giving it much work than it can do is a problem.
Using drugs to cleanse the bowel will dehydrate the body; and the intake of additional water, beverage, etc will not properly balance the body fluid. The drinking of additional water serves to call the liver in to more work and exertion. Cleaning the large intestine will also clean the colon or small intestine.
What I and you need to cleanse the intestines is fruits and vegetables that are rich in fiber. Such foods must also be rich in alkaline and potassium. They must be low in Glycemic Index (GI). Otherwise, the result will be a negation. You do not need a food supplement in this instance. Better be as natural as possible or take to use only artificial methods. Whole wheat germs are not even necessary here. They could be laid with additives or artificial preservatives.
Fresh fruits and vegetables that are rich in fibers are best. But we should choice the ones that are low in GI. A low GI 10 or less than 10 is excellent http://www.optimalfoods.org/
½ cup cucumber has a low G1 of 1. recipes.http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/carbcounts/a/cucumbers/htm
High light, copy and paste the link in your browser to follow. Then click on Cucumbers-LowCarb-Diets-About.com and you are done.
Carrot has 3. ½ of grapefruit has 5. 1 medium size lemon has 1. 2 thin slice of pineapple has 10. Green bean is low in GI. The greener the vegetable, the lower is the GI. Again, the dark green a leafy vegetable is, the more its nutrient content and the more it is safe to be eaten. This is nature language.
Significantly, the color of fruits and vegetables speaks volume. Green is safe. Red is seems to be danger but is not. But all yellow colored fruits as well as blue and purple should be all mixed as in the color of the rainbow to optimized good health; and is to be eaten regularly every day.
Tip! Red colored fruits are high in Glycemic Index (GI). Servings of this should be small compare to green colored ones. Regular daily bite of a tomato or carrot is not harmful. Have them along with whites, blue and purple, pink and yellow.
Blue cherries, pomegranates, apples, plums, pears, green or semi-ripe mangoes, grapes, cherries, peaches, grape fruit, straw berries, dried apricots or prunes, sweet potatoes, brown rice, fresh tomatoes, lentils, kidney bean, butter bean (and all bean and legumes), sweet corn, green chilies, onions, lettuces, fresh lime and lemon, whole wheat bread.
All these low glycemic index fruits and vegetables (FAV) are good for cleaning the bowel.
Remember to take a serving of at least five every day or take two or three daily.
Using fruits that are rich in fibers and at the same time high in glucose or natural sugar like raspberries and strawberries, pears and apples are not recommend. The process of eliminating dead or decomposing bacteria in the bowels and colon during constipation could be activated by the sugary nature of these berries should the cleaning be done during disease condition. Hence fruits that are very low in carbohydrates and sugars are idea. The GI of one medium lime is 1. Recalled earlier the GI of a ½ cup of cucumber is 1. This two fruits will be use in our preparation of the laxative.
So far, apart from these FAV that are consider as low glycemic index items, what about fats and oil and proteins? And since fats and proteins has no starch or sugar, are these high in GI? The answer is no. Should we employ them in our remedy? Again the answer is a negative. We are trying to mend one or two damage fats and oils and protein has done to our digestive system through improper digestion of foods in the bowel. We all know that wrong digestion in the intestine can cause food decay resulting in the release of gas and upset stomach.
Bowel cleaning is achieved by one of the following ways:
- Colon hydrotherapy: Cleaning the bowel in effect means cleaning the colon. You cannot clean the colon (large intestine while the bowel (small intestine) remained dirty. Herbs in water solution are drawn into a tube. This was insert into the rectum/anus of the patient and the content release into the intestine. After some time, the patient will defecated. One disadvantage of this is that it “has no known medical value and risks damage to the rectum or bowel.” Says Wikipedia. Another is the disruption of the bowel’s flora and dehydration.
- Processed Dietery Fibers: These are food supplements. The disadvantage of this is that chemical additives are used to preserve the germs. It lacked proper bowel movement.
- Laxatives like herb teas and castor oil: These have very strong purgative effect and continuous stool until the drug wears out in the body. The herb is boiled in water while the castor oil is slightly warmed and drink. One drawback of such drugs is that the intestine at times usually comes out with excreta. You should not give herb teas and castor oil to children.
Statistic: According to the FAO of the United Nations, China is the largest producer of cucumber in the world. This is followed by Iran and Turkey in the year 2010. China alone produced 40,709,557 million tones compare to the United State’s 883,360. Majority of the production in the United States and other countries are consumed and sold locally and also for export in pickled or canned form.
In all, the first ten major producing countries are China, Iran, Turkey, Russia and the United States. The others are Ukraine, Spain, Egypt, Japan and Indonesia. There are also production in other countries like Great Britain, Nigeria, India, Italy and Greece. Noteworthy, India where the cucumber fruit originated, fail to rich world standard of production.
The United States presently produce most of the world cucumbers in the state of Florida.
Every hubber has a reason for writing. It is either to share expertise or introduced a novel recipe or topic. This is my reason: trying to introduce “something that that could not be found online.”
Some twenty years ago, I travel to a neighboring state and I happen to stop near a farm in the countryside. I note the cucumber was being bought and eat by fellow travelers and being in love with fruits, bough my first cucumber for tasting. It was so hot that I found it cool and refreshingly good.
What is to come up subsequently in the hub are:
- Herb Teas and laxatives.
- The importance of green leafy vegetables.
- How to make your herb tea and much more.
How The Cucumber Fruit Benefit And Befit Bowel Cleansing
Cucumbers are natural alkaline fruits. They can only be eaten raw for best results. Without sugars, fats and oils, and proteins, they are one of the best natural alkaline fruits for cleansing the bowel.
Fruits, including cucumbers are man’s first food. Human beings are fruitarians and vegetarians by nature. They mostly live on fruits and vegetables for thousands of years. Fish, animals and birds are later additions.
Have you ever wonder why most of us takes on some fruits and greens every morning? Very few of us also take these as side dish or mail meal at lunch or super.
The actual taste of a cucumber fruit is water or tasteless. Some types or varieties has a bland taste.The fruit has no energy value or less than 1% in value. The energy computation in the seeds is negligible.
Cucumbers can only be eaten raw for best results as said earlier. Cooking, stewing, steaming or frying them is okay with some persons but is of no nutritional value.
A cucumber fruit benefits every person in many ways. For those who want to lose weight, it is one of best. It is mostly water as it has no sugar, fats and oils and proteins. An energy computation of between 15-16 calories (less than ¼ of a cup of fruit) has been estimated. With its rich water content and high alkaline value, it is no wonder that it can serves as a cleansing regime. While most fruits can add small amount of toxin to the body if taken in excess, or form a mucous during the process of digestion, cucumbers will help to eliminate the toxin or neutralize them. For example, the joints of bones produce uric acid crystals. This can cause pain and inflations. The water in the cucumber fruit being in a natural distilled state, is superior to rainwater, fresh water in the river, ordinary water, well water and tap water; and bottled water. The electrolyte water in the cucumber fruits naturally helps to eliminate the uric acid in the joints; and at the same time, not only encourages waste removal from every part of the body without reducing water in the body.
You do not need eight glass of water a day. You should only drink when thirsty. 1 cup of a cucumber fruit can give you all the water you need. And the best thing about this is that the water is retained without your liver working to remove any extra water from the intake.
Cucumber Onion Peanut Salad
Herb Teas And Laxatives
One of the best natural purgatives is herb tea. It is cheap to get over the counter. Boil one or two tablespoonful of the herb with a glass of water; and add one or half teaspoonful of heapsom salt (an alkaline product) to the brew while allowing the hot tea to reduce to a warm level will cleanse your intestine as it is well known. But the frequent occasional stool can be serious with some discomfort in nearly all cases. From the time one takes the purgative to the final stage of stool, (and this depends on the strength of the tea) it can take up to eight hours or more. Say you take the tea in the early hours of the day at 6.30 A.M. You begin defecating at 10.30 A.M. or earlier. Also, depending on how dirty your digestive system is, you end stool say at 12.30P.M. the same day.
Castor Oil: Castor oils too are purgatives. The oil is very unpleasant to the taste with a nasty flavour. Do not give herb teas and castor oils to children.
Lemon Grass: This herb has a very pleasant taste and aroma. Unlike herb tea and castor oil, it is very alkaline. It can be taken as a relaxing and refreshing drink instead of black tea. Add a teaspoon of brown sugar or honey to 40 cl of the tea to taste. It help regulates the body temperature and ward of feverish conditions.
Lemon grass, lime fruits and cucumbers are natural synergy item that work in tandem.
Hydrotherapy Tool Use To Force Herbal Solution Into The Anus
Cucumber Onion Peanut Salad
What Is A Laxative?
A laxative is any natural or artificial intervention that can stimulate the removal of the faeces (feces) in the intestines. It can be an herb, a fruit or a drug. A laxative becomes necessary when the bowel is not able to evacuate digested and partially digested foods, water and bacterial in the intestines, as a result of constipation. The bowel cannot move or its consistent movement has been impaired. Drinking too much water to soften the stool will not help the issue. Some persons has resort to colon cleansing or enema, via the rectum which in most times only complicated the problem. Taking drugs will results into diahrrhea (diarrhoe) and loss of too much water from the body.
The best stimulating ingredient in a mild form are fruits and vegetables. This at the same time will maintain and promoted good health. Cucumbers can act as a mild laxative. Taken with other fruits will keep the bowel moving and clean.
Fruits and vegetables are excellent sources of natural fibers that help to maintain bowel health and at the same time by a process called peristalsis keeps the digested foods, etc moving. Here the authorities that advocate the peeling and discarding the skin of fruits and vegetables are proven wrong.
The Importance Of Dark Green Leafy Vegetable
- It was introduce into North and South America by the African slaves during the middle of 1600 AD.
- Popular source of natural nutrients e.g. photochemical.
- Supple folate to the diet.
- Vitamin K in dark green leafy vegetables protects bones from osteoporosis inflammatory diseases.
- Anti oxidants contents of dark green leafy vegetables prevents cancer. You need 2-3 servings of this per week.
- Very low in Glycemic Index (GI) and Glycemic Load (GL) and helps in bowel movement.
- Dark green leafy vegetable fulfils the need of vitamin, mineral salts and fibers in daily meals.
- It can be used to make a salad and is the main base for all salads.
- It can be steam or add to a fry and eaten and much more.
Combination Of More Than Two Fruits Promote Good Health
How To Make Your Herb Tea
You can make your own herb tea at home. Instead of getting commercial preparations sold at drug stores, why not settle for more? Yes, you can get more by doing your stuff as naturally as possible. Use fresh natural ingredients.
- 2 pieces fresh lime fruits.
- Water 50 cl.
- Fresh or dry lemon grass.
- 1 tablespoonful wild honey (not commercial preparation) or a cube of sugar
- 1 cup cucumber
- Bottled soda water use 15 cl.
- Wash lemon grass in water.
- Use a string of the grass to tie up the whole.
- Wash kettle, boiler or pot with water.
- Put the lemon grass in the kettle or pot.
- Pour in water 50 cl.
- Heat cooker or stove.
- Put kettle on heat or connect to AC source.
- Boil the content for 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow it to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Now, pour out the warm tea into drinking glass or cup.
- Beat lime to soft pulp and rid.
- Peel the limes and squeeze into the warm tea.
- Add honey or sugar and stir.
- Add the soda water.
- Wash the cucumber.
- Take this with the warm tea.
- Serves 1 person only.
Do not peel the cucumber when taking a bite. Chew thoroughly and wash it down with a sip of the tea. This will safely evacuate dirty in your digestive track. The habit to purge say three to four times in the day will not arise. You should expect a slight occurrence of this once. You should take this tea in the morning before your pre- or main breakfast. On the other hand, you can add half a glass of club soda to this mixture. This too is safe. The merit is that the stomach and intestine are thoroughly scrub a mild purge will result depending on the strength of the preparation. No side effects ever.
Put Lemon Grass In Kettle
Pour 50 ml Water
Boil For Five Minutes And Allow To Simmer For Five Minutes To Cool
Pour The Liquid Into Cup
Add Soda Water, Lime, Honey Or Substitute And Cucumber With The Drink
Your Sweet And Aromatic Flavor Herb Tea Ready To Enjoy
Cucumber, Onion, Green Chili, Peanut...Can Be Use To Make A Salad
A Good Morning Green
: A cucumber fruit can be eaten anytime. But what type of fruit do you prefer to eat in the morning as a breakfast? Have you taken the trouble to prepare a fruit breakfast for yourself? Did you include cucumbers? Two or more fruits that are in synergy with one another and combined with a cucumber can cleanse your digestive system instead of resorting to drugs and laxatives.
Enjoy the recipe below.
Fruits Are Man's First Food
- 2 cups cucumbers, sliced
- 1 cup onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 2 pieces green peper, chopped
- 2 lobes fresh garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 piece fresh ripe cayenne pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive or peanut oil, heat the peanut oil 5 minutes
- 2 pinch iodinize salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper (powder)
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes, sliced
- Wash cucumber in fresh clean water.
- Cut cucumbers into small chunks as shown.
- Put this into a fruit bowl.
- Peel and wash onions.
- Cut same as the cucumber.
- Put this into another bowl.
- Wash and chop the chilli and garlic and add same to the onion.
- Wash frying pan and put on low heat.
- Put 2 tablespoon of peanut oil or substitute into frying pan.
- Add 2 pinch of salt and the ginger powder. Add the peanuts.
- Cook and and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the fresh chili, onions, ginger and red chili powder and a pinch of salt.
- Stir for 1 minute.
- Add the green pumpkin leafy and stir well for another 1 minute, and it is done.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add this to the sliced cucumber and stir thoroughly.
Cutting Cucumber Fruit
Cutting Green Chili
Green Chili, Garlic Chipped
Copped Pumpkin Leaves
Put Peanut In Frying Pan And Cook For Two Minutes
Add The Onion, Chili, Garlic Etc And Cook For A Minute
Stir The cucumber with The Cooked Peanuts, Onions, Garlic, etc
A Salad can be made with any food item root vegetables, fruits, nuts, meat and fish etc, but the base is always a "leafy green."
It can be serve moist, warm or cold. It can be dish out as an appetizer, side dish, main course or as a palate-cleansing salad.
After this cleansing, (after taking the laxative) take a cucumber breakfast salad after an hour and regularly take such a breakfast once every two week. A fruit breakfast is easy and simple to prepare. It is a certain fact that fruits do not dirty the stomach and intestines. It keeps the digestive system clean. It energized the body cells and helps in the digestive processes. This is due to its many and mils acids, mineral salts, trace elements and vitamins B, C and K for example. But ensure your choice of fruits and vegetables include very low to medium glycemic index groups to avoid the disadvantage of creating a type two diabetes mellitus disease.
Fruits are very easy to digest. They starch or sugar is edible. They are easily assimiliate in into the body cells. Unlike fats, oils and proteins that needs to be broken down into smaller units for the body to be used in various metabolic process.
Tomatoes Fruits Has Low GI
Nutrtional Information Of Cucumber Tomatoes And Onions Salad
|Serving size: 3|
|Calories from Fat||306|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 34 g||52%|
|Saturated fat 7 g||35%|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 36 g||12%|
|Sugar 14 g|
|Fiber 12 g||48%|
|Protein 24 g||48%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 16 mg||1%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Information On Nutrition
Basic information on food values is obtained in most good dictionaries of nutrition. But good software to compute the food value of most food items are now available online. Some websites like My Fitness Pal or CalorieKing required that you to register as a member and buy the tool.
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has a comprehensive list of major food value that you can ever imagine. Feel free to visit www.ars.usad.gov/ in your google browser. This will take you to the USDA home page. Type food value into the ars search box. In the new window that opens, click on "start your search here" and you are done.
Health Benefits And Tips
- Specific health benefit of recipe:
- A fruit and vegetable salad is natures remedy to keep the bowel moving.
- Clean the digestive tracks.
- Rejuvenate the digestive system.
- Sufficient water retention in the body.
- Hence, prevent dehydration.
- Promotes good health.
Always wash all fruits and vegetables in fresh clean water.
Additionally, all fruits should be wash in a saline solution and soak for 10-15 minutes before eating.
Dark green leafy vegetables should be boiled for 5-10 minutes or half in raw state before eating.
Fresh fruits when unripe or semi-ripe state has more nutrients-vitamins, mineral salt and photochemical in their skin than in the ripe state.
Eat a cucumber along with onions, tomatoes and carrots.
They are many ways to make a recipe with the cucumber. Go online and look for such especially on http://www.com/cucumberrecipes
Sliced Cucumber A slice Can Be Use To Satiate Your Taste For Water
Watch Cucumber Tomatoes Onion Salad here By Copy And Paste Link In Your Browser https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHGucQZWWeE-
Basic Or Classic Cucumber Salad Recipes
There are many ways to make a cucumber salad and some will take less than ten minutes of your time. One of the best I have seen online is given opposite. High light and right click the link to search in new window.
If you do not like the taste of olive oil, you can make do with cooked peanut oil. Just cook the raw peanut oil on heat for five minutes, add a pinch of salt and allow to cool and you are done
cucumber with tomatoes
cucumber with onions
cucumber with peanuts
Vital Tips On Fruits And Vegetables
- This site has too much information to offer about majority of fruits and vegetables, the Glycemic Index (GI) of fruits and is updated regularly. Here: http://www.whfoods.com/sitesearch.php
- Another useful site like the above where you get information on food facts, the minus and plus side, nutrient balance, protein quality etc is http://nutritiondata.self.com/
- Made a plan to eat fruits and vegetables even as lunch or supper.
- A serving of five as recommend by the USAD can be made easy by taking ¼ cup of differing fruits plus a vegetable.
- Eat a cucumber or two alone or eat them with two or more fruits and vegetables at least two or three times in the week. You can have it in salad form if desire.
- Your choice of other fruits should be low in GI not above GI 10.
- When tasty, try a cucumber if at hand instead of drinking water.
- Never eat fruits and vegetables that are very high in GI regularly. Eat them once a week or better still two times in the month. This is to avoid the type 2 diabetes mellitus disease.
- The importance of the cucumber fruit can be seen in the fact that the Roman Emperor Teberius make sure that the fruit was made available on his dining table daily throughout the year. This he does by planting a garden of the fruit in his compound.
The Importance Of Washing Fruits And Vegetables
Fruits and vegetables are normally grown on farmlands. Some are grown under green house conditions. With this said, they are liable to one form of dirty or pollutant especially inorganic chemicals that are used as sprays to control pests.
Apart from this, various insects, birds and reptiles usually visit the products and drop their wastes on them. All the same, we should take good care of these goodies after harvesting or buying them from the farmers or in the markets.
Furthermore, fruits, vegetables are easily polluted by both buyers and sellers. They hands are at times not thoroughly washed and can be infect with a cold or any other virus.
Before eating fruits and vegetables, a thoroughly washing of the fruits in fresh clean water and later soak fruits in strong solution of salt water for 10-15 minutes. Risen thoroughly again in clean fresh water before eating your fruits.
As for all vegetables, these should be cooked half in the raw state to preserve some of their minerals and nutrients. Washing and cooking fruits and vegetables will destroy bacteria like E-coli that is liable to be infect with either on the farms or from sellers who do not wash their hands thoroughly after defecation.
What Is Your Opinion On Washing Of Fruits And Vegetables?view quiz statistics
Good health is the best possession a person can have. It is a person's wealth. Every one is trying to stay in good health by whatever means. We all need it to enjoy life's best.
To your good health!
Copyright 2014 Miebakagh57 (Miebakagh Fiberesima)