How to make a Great Fruit Salad
While Halloween is just around the corner and everyone is thinking about candy and cupcakes I am thinking I don't want to gain any more weight. So I was thinking of the different healthy things I enjoy making and eating and Fruit salad comes to mind. My youngest daughter is a dialysis patient so fruit can be tricky. Most people don't realize that the healthy meals for most of us are generally not healthy for dialysis and kidney patients. Potassium is a main ingredient in fruits and veggies and its very bad for kidney patients. With that being said we have learned how to make a nice salad that the whole family can enjoy. My husband is the king at making these fruit salads as he can cut it up and make it look nice in record time. We so enjoy it the whole family comes to the kitchen to watch dad make his fruit salad. In due time we will video him one day and add it to this site...
- 1/2 watermelon, cut into chunks
- 2 cups grapes, red and green
- 1 pint strawberries, cut of top and cut in half
- 1-2 cups pineapple chunks, drain juices
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1-2 to 3-4 cup honey
- wash grapes, strawberries and blueberries
- Cut Watermelon into chunks
- Cut off greens of strawberries and cut strawberries in half or quarters if they are really big
- Drain juices from pineapples if using canned or jarred
- add in a big bowl, Watermelon, grapes, strawberries pineapples and blueberries
- mix together, add about a 1/2 cup of honey and mix to coat all fruit. This will give it a great flavor and keep fruit from turning brown
Some items you may need
Do you like blueberries? I tend to see a lot of them left in the bowl lately?
When you think of fruit salad sometimes just the simple was all that comes to mind. There are many kinds of fruit salad that can be made as far as changing the fruits but there are many designs that can be used also. I made Fruit Kabobs, Fruit Cakes, and lovely fruit bowls from the watermelon or cantaloupe. I will attach a link to Pintrest where you can see some of the photos I am referring to.
Some Links to photos of Fruit Salads and fruit bowls
- Food and Recipes
Hi I am Lisa, Lisa is using Pinterest, an online pinboard to collect and share what inspires you.