- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
How do I Fry Potatoes?
Fried Potatoes on Stove Top
Fried Potatoes Recipe
My parents and my younger brother use to always fry potatoes for breakfast and I enjoyed the taste so much, I had to try it for myself. The first couple of times that I fried potatoes, it took forever for them to cook and the potatoes always ended up tasting hard and raw. After a few more tries, I finally found out the right way to fry potatoes. So recently, I have been frying potatoes every other morning for breakfast. Many people fry potatoes differently and I wanted to share with all of you my fried potatoes recipe. I can't tell you that this is the most healthiest breakfast but it is so delicious, you will want more and more. Also, the potatoes are now no longer raw tasting or burnt. I will share with you the ingredients needed for my fried potatoes recipe and the directions on how I fry potatoes.
Ingredients & Supplies needed for Fried Potatoes
- Large Skillet to Fry with.
- 4-6 Medium sized potatoes (Servings 4-6) Increase amount of Potatoes per servings.
- Vegetable Oil or two tablespoons of Bacon Grease.
- 1 Onion
- Seasoning Salt
- Spatula, knife & cutting surface
- Lid or Large plate to cover the potatoes.
Directions on how to fry potatoes!
- Place 1 tablespoon of Vegetable Oil in Frying Pan (add more or less on amount of potatoes)
- Turn stove top burner on to medium or medium high. Medium high if you want potatoes to fry faster.
- Cut Potatoes in bite sized pieces and place them in frying pan.
- Sprinkle Seasoning Salt over the top layer of raw potatoes.
- Place a lid over the frying pan. If you don't have a lid that fits the pan, try a large plate.
- As the potatoes are frying, start dicing up the onion in small pieces.
- After 5-7 minutes take lid off frying pan and turn the potatoes. Recover and let cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Put the diced up onions in the fry pan with the potatoes. Fry for an additional 5 minutes.
There you go you have some tasty Fried Potatoes. Serve with Eggs and Toast to make a delicious breakfast.
Tip: If you don't cover the fried potatoes, they will be raw and not be as soft. For Crispier Potatoes, fry longer with out the lid covering them.
Tip: Using Bacon Grease helps add flavor to the fried potatoes. You can substitute the Vegetable oil with Fresh or old Bacon Grease. The Fresher the bacon grease, the better tasting. Enjoy your Fried Potatoes. :)