- Food and Cooking
How to Cheat on Your Chores, Vol. 2: Cooking
Want a wholesome nutritious meal for your family in minutes, but too tired or no time to prepare? Here’s a sure-fire winner (plus dessert) that will please your entire family. These two recipes should have you in and out of the kitchen in about 20 minutes (prep time).
All ingredients can be found inexpensively at Wal-Mart.com. Also, Wal-Mart has delivery service in some areas omitting a trip to the store! Check to see if your zip code is served at Wal-Mart Delivery.
Biscuit Slicing Diagram
(Note – This is a not the complicated version of the recipe offered at Pillsbury.com)
- One container of frozen vegetable blend (PictSweet Deluxe Sides Roasted Red Potatoes & Vegetables, 7.5 oz is perfect!)
- One jar of Heinz Home Style Gravy
- One bag of pre-cooked Tyson Grilled Ready Chicken Breast Chunks
- One can of Pillsbury Grands biscuits
- One teaspoon of poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a casserole dish combine pre-cooked chicken, vegetable blend, spices and gravy. Blend well. Slice biscuits in thirds (see diagram) and fashion over chicken mixture. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken and vegetables are tender and biscuits are golden brown. Total prep time: 14 minutes.
- One 8oz container of whipped topping
- One can of sweetened condensed milk
- One cup of lime juice (bottle or fresh)
- One ready to use 9” pie crust shell
No-bake recipe. In a large bowl, combine the whipped topping, condensed milk and lime juice. Mix well. Pour into pie shell. Chill for 2 hours or overnight. Total prep time: 5 to 6 minutes.
If you wish the meal and dessert to be completed by the time you get home from work, prepare both recipes the night before, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Then either the kids (over age 12), hubby or a roommate can easily pop the uncooked casserole in the oven when they get home. Keep warm in turned-off closed oven until the family is ready to eat. Happy eating!
P.S.: The guilt of “cooking lazy” will erode once you taste!