- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Beef Brain Recipe - How to cook Beef Brain
Beef Brain Recipe
For many people this brain beef recipe along with bull fries recipe might sound insane but let me assure you, this is truly a heavenly dish. Once it touches your tongue you will feel the aroma and the absolute union of ingredients. Such delicious dishes cause the flavour explosion within our mouths. The following Beef Brain recipe is very interesting and easy to cook.
There are many ways to prepare the brain but the following recipe is my favourite. We usually cook this dish on special events. (It would be better if you do not cook it on your first date :-)
The reason I like this recipe is because while doing the first 5 steps, you still can change your mind and create completely different dish.
- Prep time: 1 hour
- Cook time: 1 hour
- Ready in: 2 hours
- Yields: Serves 4 people
Ingredients For Brain Recipe
- 0.5-0.6kg beef brain
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1-2 bay leafs
- 3-4 pepper peas
- 1/5 tablespoon pepper
- 1 slice onion
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 200-250g sour cream
- 50g flour
Instructions to prepare Beef Brain
- Put the brain into cold water and add 1 tablespoon of vinegar. Leave the brain within the water for one hour.
- Very gently remove the membrane of the brain without removing it from the water. Once membrane is gone replace the water. Make sure water covers the brain.
- Put salt, pepper peas, bay leaf and the rest vinegar and place it on heat. As soon as water starts boiling, reduce the heat and let it boil slowly for 20 min.
- In the meantime chop the onion into small pieces ready for frying.
- Remove the boiled brain and put it on the colander for 3-5 min. When the moisture is almost gone,cut the brain into medium size pieces about 3-4 cm each.
- Add flour to the brain and fry it with onion, black pepper and any spices you like. (use butter for frying)
- Once brain is ready, (has light brown color). Add sour cream and cook it in the oven for 20-30 min. I use pyrex pan for this step.
- Serve it warm with fresh or cooked vegetables.
Beef Brain Nutrition
|Serving size: 100g|
|Calories from Fat||90|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 10 g||15%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Unsaturated fat 2 g|
|Carbohydrates 1 g|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Sodium 126 mg||5%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- Beef Brain with Eggs
- Beef Brain Salad
- Beef Brain in Sauce
While your dish is preparing check out my other articles
- Cast Powerful Working Spells with Certificated Spiritual Healer
Certificated Spiritual Healer provides a wide range of Spells, prayers and rituals which are cast to help those who are in need of Spiritual help. Cast Your Spell with me and enjoy my guaranteed services.
- Removing Evil Eye
Removing evil eye has been done for many centuries and it can be achieved via spiritual connection and prays. In this article we will discuss the origin of evil eye and how it affects us.
- 13 Things From The Past that will Make New Generatio...
13 interesting items from past few decades that might make new generation feel odd. Do you remember all those forgotten items that we used to have in our houses? Check them out.
- What We Should Know Before Booking Hotels Online
Living in the era of technology gave us a possibility to book hotels directly via internet. But there are few useful and important things we should know before booking online.
- Criadillas Recipe - Bull Fries
The recipe is interesting and easy to execute. The taste of this dish will make you include it into your favorite food list. Cook Bull fries using the simple recipe below.