How to Cook Brains
Preparing Your Brains
Always Keep your Brain Fresh & Chilled
HANDLING THE BRAIN
Before you learn how to cook brain, you must learn how to handle and prepare your brain.
Picture to the right is 4lbs of brain
When you're preparing a quiet dinner for two, serving this natural aphrodisiac can lead into a wondrous & unforgettable evening. Handling & preparing this delicacy is just as important as cooking it. Let's not forget the presentation; be smart and remember that presentation is everything - when you're serving brain.
Zombies Prefer Brains
Althougth it's not really known if zombies really do prefer brains, it is known that zombies have more receptor cells than vampires and that zombies can smell human flesh from miles away if the wind is just right.
My Personal Preparation Tips
LEARNING HOW TO COOK BRAINS
If you follow these easy steps, I guarantee you'll be serving some of the best brains ever.
- When storing your brain in the refrigerator overnight, never use a metal or plastic container.
Metal & plastic cause a chemical reaction when it comes in contact with the brain (which has yet to be proven) and can cause your brain to turn out either "mushy or rubbery".
- Use latex gloves when handling your brain.
- Place the brain on a clean, disinfected, wooden cutting board and keep away from strong odors (e.g. coffee maker, toaster oven, garbage disposal, &c.).
- Use a very sharp knife when slicing the brain, make quick slices and immediately remove the metal knife from touching the brain. Slice brain into strips (recommended).
- Use wooden utensils when handling the brain in a hot pan.
Who has the BIGGEST Brains?
Sperm whales have the largest known brain mass of any extant animal, averaging 7.8 kg in mature males.
Where to Get Fresh Brains
LEARNING HOW TO COOK BRAINS
Finding a Specialist
If you can't find someone who specializes in hearts, brains & other organs, go to your local butcher and see what they have to offer.
|Serving size: 100 grams|
|Calories from Fat||90|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 10 g||15%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Unsaturated fat 1 g|
|Carbohydrates 1 g|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 11 g||22%|
|Cholesterol 2635 mg||878%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- Always rinse the brain with cold water first - before anything.
- When cooking brain in a frying pan, make sure the flame is at medium-high.
- Use wooden tongs when flipping the brain slices from side to side.
- Serve the brain immediately after the brain has turned a light golden brown.
What Goes with Brain?
- White Rice & French Style Cut Green Beans
- Sliced Raw Tomatoes & Chicken Mashed Potatoes
- Sauteed Mushrooms & Onions