How to Cook Chicken on the Stove
Cooking can be a daunting task for even the most experienced chef. If you're new to cooking though, or just trying to improve your skills one of the easiest meals to prepare is chicken. Fortunately one of the easiest and most delicious ways to prepare it is on the stove top. In order to successfully prepare stove top chicken you'll just need a few things:
- Chicken breasts (Fresh or thawed if frozen)
- Cooking Oil (Olive Oil, Vegetable Oil, etc.)
- Salt, Pepper, or other Seasoning
- Frying Pan
- Start by rinsing the chicken breasts.
- Next, season the chicken by sprinkling on the salt and pepper, or other seasoning of your choice. Make sure to season both sides of the chicken.
- Place the frying pan on the burner and coat the bottom of the pan lightly with oil.
- Set the heat to medium-high and heat the oil.
- Once the oil is hot, place the chicken into the frying pan with the tongs.
- Cook the chicken about 5-6 minutes per side or until it becomes golden brown.
- Make sure the chicken is no longer pink inside, and serve!
To compliment your stove top chicken, consider adding chopped fresh or frozen vegetables to the frying pan once the chicken is cooked. This is an easy way to make a delicious and healthy stir-fry. Just serve with rice.