- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
How to Cook Delicious Lunch and Home Made Tortilla From Scratch
Homemade tortilla Recipe
Hello, this is living with pulmonary hypertension since 2004(livingpah2004) and today I am going to cook delicious lunch and home made tortilla from scratch. Tortilla or Roti are very common in India and comes with so many variations of it like roti, puri, stuffed parathas, plain paratha, aloo ka paratha, chapatti, naan, bhatura etc. In India, every household cooks fresh roti or chapatti on lunches and dinner with different vegetables. Today`s recipe, 4 kinds of Lentils, tortilla and steamed Rice. Please follow the instructions below:
#1.How to make Roti
- First get 3 cups of wheat flour, half spoon of salt and 1 spoon of vegetable oil in a large bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients together and pour 1 & 1/2 cup of water to make a dough.Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- You can mix the ingredients with your clean and sanitized hands or with the mixer.
- Make sure that the dough is not too wet like cookie dough or too dry.
- Get some dry atta or flour and rolling pan like in the picture.
- Take a dough and divide in to small balls.
- Now put your skillet on high heat..
- Sprinkle some water to see if skillet is ready to make chapattis.
- Put rolled roti on the skillet and bake it one side light and an another more.
- After that with spatula, bake It straight on the gas burner both side again.
The roti is ready now.
Next, I am going to make steamed rice.
#2.How to Cook Rice
Basmati rice is very popular for its fragrance. It is longer and can be either brown or white. When cooked, the rice is lighter and more fluffy than standard white rice, and does not stick together.
Here is how to cook basic rice, step by step instruction:
- To prepare Rice make sure to measure it. Every one cup of rice you will need 2 cups of water.
- Put the pan on the heat and add one cup of rice and 2 cups of water.
- Cover the lid. Once start boiling, uncover the lid and let it boil for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- At this point, I prefer to add half cup of quinoa and half a spoon of vegetable oil in my rice. (This makes rice more healthier and takes away the guilt of eating white rice off of me).
- Stir with spatula.
- Cover the lid again for 10 more minutes on slow heat. The secret of cooking good rice is to never open the lid once you see that the rice gets thicker.
- Rice is ready to eat with the mixed lentil dal which I am making next.
#3.How to Make Lentil Dal
1/2 cup toor dal,
1 tsp zeera or cumin seeds,
2-3 small garlic cloves,chopped onion, chopped tomatoes 1green chilies,
1/2 cup ,lentil dal
1/2 cup chana or garbanzo bean dal,
1/2 moong ki dal,
chopped coriander leaves,
1 tsp turmeric powder,
1/2 tsp asafoetida or heeng
1 tbsp oil.
- Use pressure cooker to cook lentil dal. Mix and wash all 4 kinds of lentils /dals. Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, asafoetida, and 6-7 cups of water. Pressure cook for 20-30 minutes or until soft.
- Keep cooked dal aside.
- Now Heat oil in the pan, add cumin seeds. When it starts crackling go to next step.
- Add chop chilies,crushed garlic cloves and chopped onions.Cook or saute until the color of the onion and garlic gets golden brown.
- Add asafoetida,
- Add tomatoes. cook for 5 minutes with covered lid. Once done add the mixture into cooked dal.
- Let simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off the gas stove.
- Top with coriander leaves and ready to serve hot with rice and chapati.
I hope you liked this recipe.
Find my other cooking videos here
- How to Cook Red Cargo Rice and Kidney Beans - A Comp...
Kidney beans and red Basmati rice are complete balanced meal to cook for lunch or diner.Learn how to cook these in easy steps.
- How to Make Aloo ka Parantha and Eggplant Bhartha
Learn how pulmonary hypertension patient is making mouth watering and soft aloo ka paratha with baigan or eggplant bhartha. Simple to make and double in taste.
- How Easy and Simple is to Make Batura or Fried Bread...
Learn how to make Bhature from scratch. A great mouth watering dish, easy to make at home.
- How to make Kala Chana or Black Gram
Looking for healthy snack, full with dietary fiber, high in protein and low in cholesterol hen spicy black chana is a right choice for you.
- Onion and Potatoes Mixed Dumplings with Gram Flour G...
This is my family’s favorite dish and also very popular one in India known as besan Kadhi or onion and potato mixed fritters or dumpling in gravy made with chickpea flour/ gram flour.
- Healhy Cabbage Recipe with Steamed Rice
Learn how to make healthy cabbage recipe. This is also a good way to help me out to release my stress of dealing pulmonary hypertension by cooking different recipes everyday. See how I do it.