- Food and Cooking
How to Cook Wild Rabbit
Cooking Wild Rabbit
Cooking wild rabbit can really be challenging for many of us. Any animal which has grown on the nutrition directly from the nature has very tough but extremely tasty meat. So the secret of cooking any wild animal and making its meat very tender in short time is the goal of this recipe bellow.
If you are a hunter and you managed to catch wild rabbit this recipe bellow will teach you how to cook it correctly in order to make the meat tender and juicy that can compete in tenderness even to chicken meat.
Follow the recipe bellow strictly for best possible outcome.
Ingredients: Cooking WIld Rabbit
- 1-1,5kg wild rabbit meat
- 4-5 sliced onions
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 glass red wine or any type of beer
- 2 chopped tomatoes, peel free
- 3-4 whole peppercorns
- salt other spices of your choice
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/5 teaspoon dry oregano
Instructions : How to Cook Wild Rabbit
- Add olive oil and the meat into the saucepan and place it on fire. Let the meat fry for few min. Add chopped onions and stir gently
- Add chopped tomatoes, low the heat and keep stirring
- After 2-3 min add a glass of wine (or beer) add whole peppercorns, bay leaf, salt and other spices you like.Add water, so it covers the meat completely.
- Cover the saucepan and let the meat boil for 30-40 min.
- Add dry oregano and keep boiling for 20 more min.
- The dish is ready when the meat separates from the bones. Without using wine (or beer) it will take at least 3h to cook the rabbit and you will need to add more water time to time. Generally, meat tenderness and softness is achieved when you are using beer or wine or vinegar. I prefer beer :)
Consume with boiled rice, mashed potatoes or salad.
Nutrition for WIld Rabbit with wine
|Serving size: 1serving|
|Calories from Fat||63|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 7 g||11%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 20 g||7%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 20 g||40%|
|Cholesterol 61 mg||20%|
|Sodium 165 mg||7%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Check out my other recipes
- Beef Brain Recipe - How to cook Beef Brain
Beef brain is delicious and exquisite dish. Many people around the world are cooking beef brain by using different techniques. This recipe is probably
- Armenian recipe: Bread Matnakash
Armenian recipe for traditional bread called Matnakash. It was baked for many centuries by native Armenians. It is easily baked even in house conditions. You will be surprised how tasty and soft it is.
- Criadillas Recipe - Bull Fries
The recipe is interesting and easy to execute. The taste of this dish will make you include it into your favorite food list. Cook Bull fries using the simple recipe below.