How to Eat a Live B.C. Spot Prawn
I have been eating live Spot Prawns for two seasons now. It has been an enjoyable experience to try the seafood at it's freshest stage. Check out my short video on "How to Eat a Live B.C. Spot Prawn?"
You may use this technique to prepare the prawns and serve them raw for later consumption. In this video, I placed the Prawns on ice so that they can stay fresh during the filming and demonstration process. I like eating them raw with some soy sauce or lemon.
Let me know your thoughts on the video.
That wasn't that bad, was it?
Preparing the Prawns
- Hold the body(tail end) firmly with one hand and with your other hand, hold the head.
- In a twisting motion, twist both sides using your hands and you will end up with the head and tail. Do not pull the Prawn apart like removing a cork from the top of a wine bottle. It is more difficult this way and also messy.
- Set the head aside to cook it for later. (Coat the heads in cornstarch and deep fry them)
- Start peeling the prawns shell from the body and make sure you grab large sections. You may leave the tail on for dish presentation purposes.
- If the tail is not needed, pinch the tail and the meat will separate easily.
- It is now ready to eat!
© 2018 It's Me Chuck